Manufacturing Maintenance Technician
Numa provides the world’s leading drilling technology with over 110 DTH Hammer and Bit products serving 11 different industries. Our continued growth requires us to serve an expanding customer base in over 105 countries with our growing portfolio of 14 patented designs.
We are currently recruiting an experienced Maintenance Technician for our manufacturing facility in the northeast corner of Connecticut. Reporting to the Factory Supervisor, the Maintenance Technician is responsible for the inspection, maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair of equipment and facilities, including, but not limited to, buildings and grounds, machine tools, electronics, heavy equipment, and vehicles. The role will participate in decisions regarding when to sub-contract repair and maintenance items beyond the normal scope of in-house maintenance capabilities. He/She will supervise internal mechanics and outside contractors in their functions within the facility.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to,:
- Utilizes knowledge of electrical, mechanical, and fluid systems to diagnose and repair faulty equipment, parts, vehicles, and systems.
- Inspects, repairs and maintains machine tools as required. Must be versed in machine tool electronics, CNC controls, and digital languages.
- Directs maintenance mechanics in assigned duties.
- Checks, observes, and reports on lubricant supplies and levels in machine tools, vehicles, and stock.
- Changes filters and replaceable perishable maintenance items on machine tools and vehicles as required.
- Performs general yard work.
- Works with shop and engineering staff to develop and maintain a machine maintenance schedule.
- Maintains stock and supply of tools and equipment for the maintenance department such as, tools, fasteners, oils, welding, and fuel gases, and general maintenance supplies.
- Participates in safety and Continuous Improvement meetings.
- Valid driver’s license.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in a machine tool or industrial manufacturing facility.
- Experience in electrical and mechanical machine practices and repair (CNC milling, CNC turning machines, building, general manufacturing, etc.)
- Mechanical ability with advanced tool shop knowledge using lathe, mill, drill press, and welding.
- Experience in welding including wire and rod, gas and electrical, and soldering and brazing.
- Ability to operate fork truck, heavy equipment, and trucks including the ability to “road” test repaired equipment or to operate for diagnostic or inspection testing.
- Must understand and work in a safe manner, following all Governmental and company regulations and policies regarding safety in the workplace.
- Ability to work weekends, holidays, or overtime if applicable.
- Basic computer skills.
- Must have good mathematics skills and good knowledge of the metric system.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to successfully complete all pre-employment criteria.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to qualified employees and applicants with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Works with and around greases, oils, coolants, and cleaning solutions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to lift or move parts with an approximate weight up to a maximum weight of 50 lbs. Work requires bending, stooping, kneeling, ladder climbing, and working in small cramped areas. Personal protective equipment is required and provided. Must be able to walk in excess of 10,000 steps per day
The work environment is normally industrial manufacturing space. The manufacturing environment can vary, outdoor work can be required. Hot, cold, wind and rain can all be expected. Work could be greasy, slippery, wet, and dusty. Must be able and willing to work outdoors in the elements when required. Sharp loud noises are possible. Able to work at heights in personal lifts and drive a forklift.
Compensation & Benefits:
This is a full-time shift position. Competitive salary offered based upon experience with a comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental, company paid life and short-term disability, paid vacations & holidays, tuition reimbursement programs, and 401(K) plan.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or other characteristics protected by law.
Related keywords: manufacturing, manufacturing technician, technician
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- CNC machine maintenance: 5 years (Required)
- manufacturing maintenance: 5 years (Required)
- welding: 1 year (Required)
- One location
Click Here To Apply