Responsible for leading social media strategy and execution as well as implementing other marketing and communication strategies which includes situational analyses, the development of marketing and communications plans and the execution of creative briefs as necessary to advise, provide support and strategic direction, and tactical recommendations to key areas of campus. Responsible for discovering, creating, and developing engaging content for the University as well as its colleges, program, and initiatives. Content must be optimized for channels including social media, websites, publications – print and digital, etc. and integrated among those channels to maximize outcomes.
Northeast Ohio Medical University is an AA/EEO Employer. The university has a strong commitment to the principles of diversity and inclusion and to maintaining working and learning environments that are free from all forms of discrimination. Women, individuals with disabilities, veterans and minorities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Principal Functional Responsibilities
1) Manage the University’s social media accounts and oversight of affiliated department accounts.
2) Discover, develop and deliver marketing content for all communication channels
3) Serve as contributing writer for print and digital publications
4) Assist with the Pulse and NEOMED website updates, as needed
5) Produce multimedia products (video, podcast, etc.)
6) Assist with proofreading and development of marketing materials as needed
7) Perform other duties as assigned
Bachelor’s degree in public relations, journalism, or related field preferred; master’s degree a plus.
Required: At least five years’ experience in marketing and communications including proven experience in managing professional social media accounts; writing for print and digital publications; and working with teams for ideation and execution of plans.
Preferred: Minimum of one year working in health care or higher education.
Key Skills, Personal Characteristics, and Key Competencies
- Knowledge of social media platforms and tools
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
- Working knowledge of Associated Press editorial style.
- Adobe Acrobat Pro
- MS Office Suite: Excel, Word, Outlook – Intermediate
- Adobe Photoshop – Intermediate
- Experience with Content Management Systems (WordPress a plus)
- Demonstrated ability to write, edit and proof content for the web.
- Understanding of basic SEO
- Understanding of basic Google Analytics and reporting
- Interest and ability to develop an understanding of medical and scientific information.
- Self-motivated and creative
- Excellent interpersonal and customer-service skills.
- Ability to maintain sensitive and confidential information.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- Marketing: 5 years (Preferred)
- One location
Click Here To Apply