We are a locally owned and operated Ace Hardware. We provide our community with the best locally owned hardware, with the best service, the best brands, and competitive prices. We are engaged in our community and committed to helping make a difference where we work, live, and play.
The Cashier Customer Service Rep is responsible for register transactions involving the sale and/or return of merchandise. Cashiers answer all incoming phone calls and radio them out to the appropriate department.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Project a positive representation.
- Greet customers entering and throughout the store. Thank customers by name, when possible, when they are leaving the store.
- Project a friendly, outgoing demeanor; work well with customers as well as associates.
- Clear customer checkout lines quickly and efficiently.
- Answer and monitor all phone calls and pages promptly, courteously and effectively.
- Communicate any problem or issue that requires management assistance.
- Continually build product knowledge base and possess the ability to assist customers with store layout and product location.
- Assist in pricing, stocking, marking and bagging of merchandise as required
- Follow all cash register transaction procedures.
- Responsible for balancing of register drawer.
- Adhere to any Store Support Center program or promotion that may require implementation at the cash registers.
- Participate in store and Cashier meetings.
Front End Appearance and Upkeep
- Keep the front end, including checkout areas and entrance doors neat and clean at all times. Face and dust front end.
- Assist with keeping impulse counters stocked and faced, rotate fresh merchandise in as seasons change.
- Ensure forms and supplies are stocked at all times.
- Assist with decorating the front end according to the store program.
- Call for cart pickups when necessary.
- Inform management when merchandise returns need to be put away.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
High School or GED equivalent.
Cashier experience preferred. Customer service experience required. Medical Benefits for full time associates.
Standing, walking, lifting (up to 25lbs) and climbing.
Notice to Applicant about this Employer: You are applying for a job with an independently owned cooperative member of Ace Hardware Corporation, who operates this Ace Hardware store, not Ace Hardware Corporation. The independent store owner alone is responsible for and independently makes all decisions concerning employment related matters, including hiring, firing, discipline, supervision, staffing and scheduling. Ace Hardware Corporation will not receive a copy of any applications submitted for this position, and will have no control over interviews and/or hiring decisions, does not control and is not responsible for the employment policies and practices of the independent store owner. If hired, the independent store owner will be your only employer. Ace Hardware Corporation is not the employer for this position. The Ace Hardware trademarks, logos and designs are owned by Ace Hardware Corporation and used by independent store owners under a license from Ace Hardware Corporation.
Must be available on weekends and have a flexible schedule! High school diploma or equivalency.
Click Here To Apply