Formrite Companies was founded in 1950 and is a full-service tube fabricator and powder coat painter with manufacturing space over 375,000 square ft located in Two Rivers, WI. Formrite provides components for both structural and fluid carrying applications to a customer base that includes Fortune 500 companies as well as industry leaders in material handling, furniture, small engine, and recreational equipment.
The 2nd Shift Supervisor is a salaried position and will manage all operations in the Formrite plant. Primary responsibilities are to drive improvement in Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost and Sustainability. Ideal candidates will have experience in managing welding, fabrication, and machining processes in relation to hydraulic tube manufacturing. Candidates must be technically sound and capable of managing all facets of job including all personnel decisions and production schedules. This position reports to the Plant Manager.
1. Drive improvement in SQDCS (Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost, Sustainability). Manage plant performance and achieve goals in each area following a balanced approach.
2. Direct and approve the manufacturing methods, standards, techniques, and plans to assure production at the lowest cost consistent with established specifications for quality, quantity, and delivery schedules.
3. Work with Engineering and technical teams to drive technical and process improvements.
4. Involvement with Capital Projects. Equipment specifications, vendor selection, integration.
5. In coordination with Human Resources, supervise, direct, and control the hiring, training, promotion, or separation of all personnel, including all aspects of fair employment practices, equal employment opportunity and affirmative action programs.
6. Maintain clean, safe, facilities and equipment to support production.
7. Manage the production schedules, inventory levels and control procedures to meet sales forecasts.
8. Direct and coordinate processes, materials, and product designs to provide for new and/or improved products.
9. Using a strong understanding of Lean Manufacturing and proven leadership skills; coach, mentor and develop his/her staff to achieve the plant’s yearly improvement objectives for safety, quality, delivery, cost, sustainability and associate satisfaction.
- 2 year post-secondary degree or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated experience in plant supervision
- Knowledge and experience working with BPCS system
- Experience with tube fabrication, metal fabrication, welding, and machining is a plus
- Experience working in a fast paced environment
- Excellent listening , verbal and written communication skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Strong presentation and training skills
- Strong mechanical aptitude and hands-on orientation
- Ability to interact with all levels of the organization
- Must be a reliable, motivated individual capable of driving change
3 day weekends every week
Paid time personal and vacation time
Medical, Dental, Vision plans
Company paid Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
Company paid short term disability
Social events throughout the year for employees and their families
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $45,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- Associate (Preferred)
- Manufacturing: 2 years (Required)
- One location
Click Here To Apply