Overview: The primary function of the Corporate Dining Coordinator is to assist the Chef in preparing and serving meals to prospects, clients and other guests. The Corporate Dining Coordinator is responsible for ensuring a positive internal and external client experience at all times. Glenmede hours are Monday-Friday from 8:30am-5:00pm. This position will be temporary, on call until the Fall. This position could go to full time in the Fall. Your manager will provide you with a schedule a week in advance.
Responsibilities: Prepare and serve all food and beverages for breakfast and lunches. Assist Chef with meal or schedule changes. Greet clients in a courteous, friendly manner, by name. Make them comfortable as a guest of Glenmede. Set up rooms and clean up after meetings. Ensure cleanliness and presentation of meeting rooms and client restrooms. Maintain inventory of supply closet and client rooms. Assist with dishes throughout the day and after lunch is over. Assist Chef in keeping kitchen and appliances clean, secure, and in good working order.
Job duties include:
· Assist Chef with the preparation and serving of all food and beverages for breakfast and lunches, assist w/ dishes throughout the day and after lunch is over.
· Assist Chef with meal or schedule changes.
· Set up rooms and clean up after meetings.
· Ensure cleanliness and presentation of meeting rooms at all times
· Greet clients in a courteous, friendly manner, by name. Make them comfortable as a guest of Glenmede.
· Maintain inventory of supply closet and client rooms.
· Assist Chef as needed to update and print daily menus for lunch meetings using departmental templates.
1. High School degree required.
2. Experience in food preparation, service, and presentation.
3. Must have a pleasant, client-focused demeanor.
4. Ability to prioritize and organize multiple tasks.
5. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
6. Ability to lift up to 25 pounds.
Glenmede is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Glenmede is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Glenmede are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications in full compliance with all local, state and federal laws prohibiting discrimination on the basis of race, color, religious creed or belief, national origin, ethnicity, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, HIV Status, sex including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or medical conditions related to breastfeeding, and medical conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression including a person’s actual or perceived gender-related self-image, appearance, behavior, expression, or other gender-related characteristic, regardless of the sex assigned to that person at birth, sexual and reproductive health decisions, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, alienage or citizenship status, family medical history (including pregnancy), genetic information or characteristic, family or parental status, caregiver status, status as a victim of domestic violence, an individual’s status as having a known relationship or association with a member or members of a protected category, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Glenmede will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
** We are not seeking agency assistance with this role. No agencies, third parties, or phone calls, please. Glenmede is not accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Glenmede via-email, the Internet, or directly without a valid written search agreement will be deemed the sole property of Glenmede, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Glenmede.
Job Types: Part-time, Temporary
Pay: $18.00 – $20.00 per hour
- Day shift
- On call
Ability to Commute/Relocate:
- Philadelphia, PA 19103 (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Serving: 1 year (Preferred)
- One location
Click Here To Apply