CDG Engineers, Inc. is looking to add a Resource Planning Engineer/Analyst to its team. CDG is a multi-discipline consulting engineering firm headquartered in St. Louis. The firm has approximately 80 staff with capabilities in civil, structural, mechanical, electrical, and architectural disciplines primarily servicing the fields of infrastructure, power, mining, industrial, and agriculture. CDG is known for solving some of the most complex problems in challenging environments and our staff is expected to regularly engage in high level problem solving to enable our clients to be successful.
- Competitive salary
- Bi-annual bonuses
- Medical / Dental / Vision / Life / Disability / 401k + Match
- Growth opportunities
- Compensation or paid time off for extra hours worked
Successful applicant will be responsible for modeling, forecasting, and analyzing clients’ power systems. CDG provides Integrated Resource Planning, generation planning, transmission planning, risk management, demand side planning, load forecasting, and commodity forecasting analysis to assist our clients in developing an optimal portfolio. The Resource Planning Engineer/Analyst will work with internal teams and directly with clients.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Economics, Finance, Mathematics, Quantitative Analysis, or related field
- Minimum of two years of relevant experience required.
- Working knowledge of probabilistic production cost models, capacity expansion models, or similar (for example:PLEXOS, Aurora, EnCompass, PROMOD, Planning and Risk, PowerSIMM, etc.)
- Understanding of power systems, electric generation, transmission, energy storage, and reliability
- Working knowledge of electric utility markets and environmental issues
- Excellent oral and written communications skills with a demonstrated ability to simplify technical issues
- Ability to work both independently, with minimal direction, and within a collaborative team setting
- Ability to manage time efficiently, prioritize requests and ensure on-time delivery
CDG Engineers is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, gender, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Click Here To Apply