CARBO Ceramics is searching for a Maintenance Technician in Toomsboro, GA. Responsibilities include:
- This position performs routine and non-routine repairs, installation, and service on both electrical and mechanical equipment.
- Willing to learn all aspects of plant operation, fill in wherever needed to optimize plant efficiency.
- Must be able to work a 12 hour rotating shift including nights and weekends.
- Performs other related duties and/or special projects as required.
- Industrial electrical and mechanical skills are a must, as well as the ability to read and interpret electrical drawings and schematics.
- Candidate should be able to install, troubleshoot, and repair all types of electrical motor controllers.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in the repair and maintenance of industrial electrical equipment. This includes but is not limited to electronic variable frequency drives, emergency generating equipment, transfer switches, programmable controllers, and other related equipment.
- This position requires knowledge of 480V and 4160V electrical systems. Candidate must be able to make high voltage terminations using accepted methods, install conduit, and perform work in accordance with the NEC.
- The successful candidate should have a working knowledge of pyro equipment and burner management systems including propane vaporizers.
- Good oral and written communication skills combined with the ability to operate mobile equipment and perform heavy lifting are needed. As well as the ability to work in a dusty environment and temperatures in excess of 100 degrees.
- Must also be able to climb stairs and ladders multiple times daily and occasionally work in confined spaces.
- A 2 year degree or certification in Industrial Maintenance or related field is preferred.
CARBO Ceramics Inc. offers excellent benefits including: medical, dental, disability and life ins.; 401K, and more.
Click Here To Apply