Miller Environmental Group is seeking enthusiastic and hard-working Field Technicians/Laborers to join our operations team!
You will be responsible for the cleaning and decontamination of regulated materials from spills, trenches, drains, oil/water separators, boilers, tanks, and other industrial cleaning applications. Specialized training and certification in hazardous materials handling or a confined entry permit are generally required. May operate earth-moving equipment or trucks.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of the Field Technicians/Laborers include the following. Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs:
- On Call availability for scheduled rotation and emergencies
- Identify, remove, pack, transport, or dispose of hazardous materials, including asbestos, lead-based paint, waste oil, fuel, transmission fluid, radioactive materials, or contaminated soil.
- Ability to read and understand OSHA safety regulations and perform all tasks safely.
- Maintain up to date training and education for licenses, permits and regulatory information specific to responsibilities
- Comply with prescribed safety procedures or federal laws regulating waste disposal methods.
- Operate machines or equipment to remove, package, store, or transport loads of waste materials.
- Load or unload materials into containers or onto trucks, using hoists or forklifts.
- Record numbers of containers stored at disposal sites, specifying amounts or types of equipment or waste disposed.
- Clean contaminated equipment or areas for re-use, using detergents or solvents, sandblasters, filter pumps, or steam cleaners.
- Create containment areas prior to beginning abatement or decontamination work.
Qualifications/Requirements for Field Technicians/Laborers:
- At least 18 years old.
- Valid unrestricted drivers license with an excellent driving record within company standards.
- The ability to work weekends and extended hours as needed.
- The ability to travel and work at remote sites as needed.
- Basic math, mechanical, teamwork and troubleshooting skills are required.
- Must pass fit for duty physical, drug and alcohol screening, and detailed background check
- Successful completion of safety, mechanical, Hazmat, equipment and/or equivalent training
- Prior construction experience helpful, but not required
Miller Environmental Group is a leading environmental response, remediation and restoration services company, providing industry, government, commercial and residential customers with outstanding service. Our employees are provided comprehensive benefit options including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Pet Insurance, 401(k) with company match and more! We provide training, protective equipment, pay for any necessary certifications and licensing, and opportunities for growth. Be a part of saying YES! For more information, visit us at: www.millerenv.com
To be considered for a position with Miller Environmental Group please click APPLY and complete your application. Salary is commensurate with licenses and experience.
Miller Environmental Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Click Here To Apply