Position: WEB PRESS OPERATOR
Reports To: Web Press Manager
ABOUT DCG ONE
DCG ONE started in 1965 in our founder’s one-car garage. We’ve grown to become one of the largest privately held marketing service providers on the West Coast. We’re a commercial printer and an environmental steward. We proof, render, set, coat, cut, glue, bind, convert, insert, laminate, and yes: print. We also have a full-service creative and marketing agency.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
This position is to operate and conducts maintenance on a Heidelberg M600 Web Fed Press. This is a very large piece of machinery that requires a very high level of mechanical aptitude and attention to detail. The Web Press Operator position prepares, operates, and maintains the Web Press as efficiently as possible. Good communication skills, strong follow-up, and the ability to write well are all important to the job as communications between customers and other departments is needed. This position also requires a high level of knowledge as it pertains to the multiple production, printing, and paper finishing processes, as well as manufacturing capabilities.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Interact with the press schedule and ticket accordingly.
- Interact with clients in a professional manner.
- Produce quality print in the most efficient manner.
- Follow pressroom procedures for control sheets, charging time & material, load tags, FSC stock, and samples.
- Perform needed maintenance on the presses.
- Maintain presses and pressroom in a clean and professional manner.
- Use and maintain the Image Control unit.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- Develop and train staff as assigned.
- Interface with other departments through written and verbal communications to handle customer situations, problems, and questions.
- Incorporate DCG ONE’s vision and values into day-to-day activities and behaviors.
- Adhere to all facets of safety policies and procedures.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees in this position. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities.
- This position operates and conducts maintenance on a Heidelberg M600 Web Fed Press. This is a very large piece of machinery that required a very high level of Mechanical aptitude.
- We are requiring three (3) to five (5) years in an industrial manufacturing environment and in an operator’s capacity of industrial machinery, preferably working with printing presses.
- High school diploma or GED
- Technical Capacity
- Teamwork Orientation
- Regular, reliable, and predictable attendance
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment
- Ability to follow detailed written and verbal instructions – understand implied instructions
- The ability to constantly stand and move around the warehouse
- Exceptional Coordination and Multi-Tasking skills
- Prolonged standing for up to eight hours.
- Frequent walking, stooping, bending, and reaching is required.
- The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
This position works also on the production floor in an industrial warehouse setting.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment can be loud. PPE is required.
DCG ONE does not tolerate discrimination of any type and offers equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, natural origin, age, disability or medical condition, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or any other considerations made unlawful by Federal, State or local laws. We believe in providing eligible and qualified employees with opportunities to advance. DCG ONE is an at-will employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $23.00 – $28.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
DCG ONE has a COVID-19 management plan and is committed to keeping employees safe. In-person employees are required to wear masks and regularly wash hands. We frequently clean workspaces and require social distancing for all staff.
Ability to Commute/Relocate:
- Kent, WA (Preferred)
- Heidelberg M600: 3 years (Preferred)
- printing press: 3 years (Preferred)
- One location
Click Here To Apply