Licensed – Elementary/PK-8 Classroom Teacher/Intermediate
Teacher – Intermediate (3-5)
1.00 FTE – Regular Contract
BOULDER VALLEY SCHOOL DISTRICT is committed to create challenging, meaningful, and engaging learning opportunities so that all children thrive and are prepared for successful, civically engaged lives. Our comprehensive and innovative approach to education ensures that each student meets expectations relative to intellectual growth, physical development and social emotional well-being. The district covers approximately 500 square miles and serves the communities of Boulder, Erie, Louisville, Lafayette, Superior, Broomfield, Nederland, Ward, Jamestown and Gold Hill. Website: BVSD.
A BVSD teacher demonstrates a strong knowledge of the curriculum and content area while positively impacting student achievement through innovative instructional strategies and effectively managing the learning environment.
- Positively impacts student achievement through innovative instructional strategies
- Demonstrates a strong knowledge of the curriculum and content area
- Effectively manages the learning environment
- Values student diversity and support the unique learning needs of each individual student
- Exhibits a growth mindset through participation in high quality professional learning
- Works collaboratively with colleagues, families and community
- Builds positive relationships and communicate effectively with families
- Uses inclusive and differentiated instructional practices to support all students
- Uses data-driven evidence to inform instruction
- Demonstrates a level of technology proficiency that enhances student learning
- Contributes to a positive, child centered school culture
- Follows State legal requirements and District and building policies and procedures
- Currently hold a Colorado teaching license or have licensure application in process with appropriate endorsement in: Elementary Education (must upload license or in process documentation to application)
- Completed and submitted BVSD on-line application
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of and deep belief in inclusion in the general education classroom for all students, including those on an IEP and/or learning English
- Salary Placement varies according to experience and education.
Application and Selection Procedure:
- Apply on-line at http://bvsd.org (in-district transfers, be sure to include your BVSD employee number).
- Regular teachers requesting transfers to less than their current assignment would assume the contracted FTE of the accepted position.
- If you do not have internet access, a computer is available in the Human Resources Division, Education Center, 6500 E. Arapahoe, Boulder, Colorado.
- Applications are reviewed to match candidates with position qualifications, with a limited number selected for interviews. For the final selection, employment is contingent upon successful completion of the post-offer screening process, including a background check and possible medical examination.
The Boulder Valley School District is an equal opportunity educational institution and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, sex, gender identity/expression, national origin, creed, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status in admission or access to, and treatment and employment in its educational programs or activities. Inquiries or complaints: BVSD Legal Counsel – 720-561-5903; Office for Civil Rights – http://www2.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ocr/addresses.html
Click Here To Apply