- This Position is located in Birmingham, AL
Bernhard’s core mission is delivering innovative engineering, construction, and energy solutions that empower our clients and promote a sustainable future. Bernhard is comprised of four divisions: Mechanical, Electrical, Engineering and Development, each with a distinct identity and service offerings. The intersection of our capabilities enables Bernhard to provide turnkey Energy-as-a-Service (“EaaS”) solutions to our clients. At the same time, our divisions continue working in the market sectors and communities that the Company has traditionally served. Bernhard’s vision is to be the leading EaaS provider in North America through delivery of excellent, high value service and innovative solutions for our clients.
Purpose and Essential Duties
Senior Plumbing Designer’s responsibilities include design and preparation of construction documents for Plumbing and Medical Gas systems for building projects.
Specific responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Determine Scope of work, code research, write project narratives, perform calculations, initiate layout of designs and prepare construction documents for plumbing and medical gas systems for specific building projects.
- Utilize Revit and/or AutoCAD to prepare Building Information Modeling (BIM) specific to each project.
- Edits plumbing system specifications for building projects.
- Attend client/owner project team design meetings both internal and external of office to insure proper scope of work is incorporated into the construction documents.
- Conducts site surveys to determine existing facility conditions.
- Conducts project job site visits during construction to monitor progress and ensure conformance to design specifications, owner expectations, and building codes.
- Assist Construction Administration team in preparing punch lists, project observations reports, proposal requests (PR), supplemental instructions (SI) and requests for information (RFI).
- Reviews project submittal documents for compliance to scope of work for each project.
- Quality Control – Oversee drafting/BIM staff to insure compliance of scope of work into construction documents. Uphold Bernhard owner advocacy philosophy and core values.
Required Education, Experience and Qualifications
- 5+ years of experience as a plumbing designer
- Design experience with healthcare, higher education or Central plant projects
- Certified in Plumbing Design Certification through American Society of Plumbing Engineers (ASPE)
- Computer literate with various programs. i.e…, Revit, AutoCAD, MS Word, MS Excel, BlueBeam.
- Excellent communication skills in a team environment.
- Detail oriented and willing to tackle various ongoing projects in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent multitasking skills, with the ability to perform duties outside of scope of work when necessary.
Preferred Education, Experience and Qualifications
- 2-year Technical Degree or Associates Degree in Engineering or related field
- Ability to interpret building codes.
- Ability to read and understand disciplines other than plumbing. i.e.… architectural, electrical, mechanical and fire protection.
Physical/Work Environment Requirements
- Office hours sitting/standing at computer workstation.
- Majority of time looking at computer screen.
- Able to navigate travel through airports, automobiles and/or airplanes.
- Lifting of construction documents as much a 25 lbs.
Bernhard is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Women, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities, and participates in the e-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other classification protected by law.
To staffing/placement agencies: We are not responsible for any fee related to unsolicited resumes from 3rd party staffing and placement agencies (whether submitted through this website or sent directly to an employee of Bernhard LLC or its operating companies) unless a written agreement is in place between the agency and Bernhard, LLC (“Company”) and an authorized Company representative makes a written request to the agency to assist with a requisition. Similarly, no fee will be paid for candidates who apply and claim to be represented by an agency. Any unsolicited resumes, CVs, or other candidate information submitted by an agency will become the property of the Company, and no fee will be paid in the event such candidate is hired.
If you are an agency and would like to be considered for partnership with Bernhard, LLC please send your company’s information to [email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Click Here To Apply