The is responsible for verifying insurance benefits, obtaining, reviewing, and accurately determining that all medical documentation received from physicians or referral sources meet all payor and regulatory requirements. The Referral Specialist is responsible for the pre-authorization functionality.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Include the following as well as other duties and responsibilities, which may be assigned.
1. Examine documents to verify required compliance, completeness, and accuracy of data.
2. Confer with document originator and approvers to resolve identified discrepancies.
3. Contact insurance companies to confirm insurance coverage and eligibility of products.
4. Obtain prior authorization and/or referrals.
5. Appropriately update customer database when obtaining coverage, documents, and pre-authorizations.
6. Appropriately update document databases and corresponding files.
7. Generate communication to the appropriate personal on new and revised documents including pre-authorization request.
8. Regularly communicate with Healthcare Professionals, Regional Sales Managers, and payors.
9. Achieve defined Service Level Agreements.
10. Communicate Payor requirements as they are discovered.
11. Adheres to all HIPAA guidelines/regulations.
12. Follows company policies and procedures.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily and must possess the ability to: Build strong relationships and interact professionally and ethically with patients, caregivers, RSM’s and Healthcare Professionals; handle multiple tasks simultaneously; provide clear, concise oral and written directives/communications; quickly assess situations and respond appropriately; handle special requests in a sensitive, professional manner. Strong Perform strong organizational and time management tasks. Have detail-oriented work product. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
High School Diploma or equivalent work experience.
Basic understanding of payor guidelines.
Analytical skills required, attention to detail, and organization.
2+ years of work experience
Previous DME experience a plus.
Basic Microsoft skills.
Ability to work well in a team environment
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $1.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to Commute/Relocate:
- Blue Ash, OH 45241 (Required)
- What is your hourly rate desire?
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Payor guidelines: 2 years (Preferred)
- Analytical skills: 2 years (Preferred)
- DME is a plus: 1 year (Preferred)
- Microsoft Office: 1 year (Preferred)
- Team environment: 1 year (Preferred)
- Insurance verification: 2 years (Preferred)
- Pre-authorization/referrals: 2 years (Preferred)
- One location
Click Here To Apply