Healthcare Services Group (HCSG) services thousands of accounts nationwide and is now hiring a Prep Cook in your area! With a custom, state of the art training program, there are engaging opportunities regardless of where you are in your career. If you crave to learn and want to make a positive impact in your community, we’d love to have you on our team!
What We Offer!
- Free Telemedicine and Prescription discounts
- Comprehensive Health Coverage
- Paid Holidays and Vacation for eligible employees
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP) available
- Transfers available Nationwide. Great for active Military and Family!
- Employee Assistance Programs
- The Prep Cook assists in preparation and serving food including texture modified and therapeutic diets according to the facility menu.
- Utilizes protective gear in all appropriate functions
- Prepares food in accordance with current applicable federal, state, and local standards, guidelines and regulations, in line with our established policies and procedures, and, as may be directed by the Dining Services Director, Dining Services Assistant Manager or Chef, to ensure that quality dining services are provided at all times.
- The Prep Cook assists in assuring proper receiving, storage, preparation, serving, sanitation, and cleaning procedures are followed.
- The Prep Cook must be detail-oriented, well-groomed, act professionally and must be a team player who works well with others.
- The Prep Cook must assist dietary aides as necessary.
- The Prep Cook consistently embodies the characteristics necessary to drive the Company’s Purpose, Vision, Values, and DNA.
- A high school diploma or equivalent is required. Experience in food preparation preferred.
- Must successfully complete an approved sanitation and safety course.
- Ability to read, speak, write and understand English. Follow directions and complete tasks.
- Ability to follow time schedules for meal preparation and serving.
- Maintains a neat, clean, well-groomed appearance.
- Dependable, with experience working in facilities utilizing quantity food production methods.
- General knowledge and understanding of nutrition.
- Basic computer skills.
- Ability to maintain records and complete reports as required, including web-based reporting.
- Written and oral communication skills.
- Skill in using public relations techniques to promote the foodservice program to client and residents.
- Ability to interact positively with residents, client and other personnel and the public.
- Good communication, interpersonal skills organizational skills.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
- Ability to read and accurately apply requirements of recipe and equipment instructions.
- Knowledge of quantity food production and serving techniques, food safety/sanitation requirements and procedures.
- Must be able to lift/carry a maximum of 50 pounds, push/pull a maximum of 50 pounds, stand, sit, bend and walk for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to work around food and cleaning products.
- Must live in service area. No relocation costs.
HCSG is one of the largest providers of environmental, dining, and nutritional services, and as such, we continually seek out motivated and professional leaders to join our team! Our firm commitment to training provides all of our associates with ample opportunity for self-improvement and professional growth. We offer equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HCSG complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location where the company has facilities.
Click Here To Apply