PCA Personal Care Assistant
Description: Caregivers will provide services to individuals in their homes and communities who need assistance caring for themselves because of a disability and/or chronic illness. Home care may include light housekeeping, Laundry, meal preparation, transportation, companionship, respite care and advice on such things as nutrition, cleanliness, and household activities. Caregivers are responsible for ensuring that service is delivered in a caring professional, and respectful manner, in accordance with relevant agency policies.
- Assist with the activities of daily living and personal care including bathing, shaving, ambulation, mouth care, dressing, exercise, hair care, feeding, toileting, positioning, medication reminding, skin care, transferring, vital signs (if applicable) and blood pressure could be included.
- Ensure the individuals we support are safe and secure by reporting any concerns as soon as they happen while caring for the client in their home and environment.
- Provide companionship, friendship, and emotional support.
- Talk, listen, share experiences, play games/cards, read to the individuals we support, etc.
- Help keep the individuals we support in contact with family, friends, and the outside world.
- Assist with plans for visits and outings.
- Meal preparation
- Perform light housekeeping.
- Ensure service is delivered is accordance with Rainbow Pride Health Care LLC’s policies and procedures.
- Monitor supplies and resources as needed.
- Evaluate the program and make recommendations as indicated.
- Follow clients care plan verbatim.
- Assist with basic transfers as stated in care plan.
- Carry out duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Observe the clients daily functioning and report to supervisors.
- Complete and maintain records of daily activities, observations, and direct hours of service.
- Develop and maintain constructive and cooperative working relationships with others.
- Make decisions and solve problems as needed.
- Communicate with supervisors and co-workers.
- Attend orientation, in-service training sessions and staff meetings as directed by Rainbow Pride Health Care LLC.
- Knowledge of home management skills
- Knowledge of principals and processes for providing services to the individuals we support, including needs determinants, meeting quality standards and evaluation of the client and family’s satisfaction.
- Knowledge of the English Language.
- Knowledge of information and techniques needed to diagnose and treat injuries including emergency first aid and cpr.
- The ability to be aware of other people’s reactions and understand why they react as they do.
- The ability to establish and maintain relationships.
- The ability to identify problems and determine effective solutions.
- The ability to understand written and oral instructions.
- The ability to listen and understand the spoken word.
- The ability to work independently and as well in a Team setting.
- The ability to determine or recognize when something is likely to go wrong.
- The ability to observe and recognize changes in the clients we support.
- The ability to establish and maintain harmonious relationships with clients.
- Physical ability to stand, walk, use hands and fingers, reach, stoop, kneel, crouch, talk and hear.
- Mental fortitude and stability to handle stress.
- Current Driver’s License
- Current Cpr/First Aid Certification
- May require related experience.
- Cpr and First aid certification
Rainbow Pride healthcare provided the following inclusive hiring information:
We are an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants equally without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability status.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $12.15 – $13.00 per hour
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- On call
- Weekend availability
All employees are taking the correct measures to protect against COVID -19
- On the road
Click Here To Apply