The Nurse Practitioner (NP) will function as a member of a team of health professionals providing medical services to The Rural Health Clinic (RHC) patients. The NP shall, under appropriate direction and supervision by the medical director in collaboration with the Rural Health Clinic Manager, provide care, assessment, interpretation of data, and develop and implement therapeutic care plans. NP’s may be permitted to perform the following functions. This is not intended to be all-inclusive.
Serving Merced County Westside area with 48 care beds, the facility is part of Memorial Los Banos and Sutter Health, a not-for-profit organization that exists to maintain and improve the health status of citizens in its geographic area. Memorial Hospital Los Banos provides and promotes effective inpatient and outpatient health care services including 24-hour Emergency Care, Rural Health Clinic, Surgery, Obstetrics, Pediatrics, Diagnostics Imaging, and Intensive Care Unit and Physical Therapy.
1. Current licensure as a Registered Nurse Practitioner in the State of California.
2. Current licensure as a Registered Nurse in the State of California.
3. Minimum of one (1) year recent experience providing primary care or urgent care in a Clinic setting.
4. Demonstrates in depth knowledge of nursing process in addressing physical, psychosocial, and psychological needs of patients.
5. Ability to demonstrate basic knowledge of unit specific age criteria for patient population.
6. Must demonstrate critical thinking skills.
7. Timely completion of unit specific orientation and competencies.
8. Ability to read, write, hear and verbally communicate in English to the degree required to perform the job.
9. Must possess a current Basic Life Support (BLS) certificate.
10. Must be able to travel in accordance with any requirements of your job (if MHLB and/or own vehicle used on hospital business, must possess valid California Driver’s License and upon request proof of liability insurance).
1. National Board certification as a Nurse Practitioner in area of specialty.
2. Greater than one (1) year of working experience in a similar unit with comparable patient acuity.
Memorial Hospital Los Banos
Employee Referral Bonus:
12 Hour Shift
Days of the Week Scheduled:
Hrs Per 2wk Pay Period:
All Applications Accepted
Sutter Health Affiliates are equal opportunity employers EOE/M/F/Disability/Veterans
Click Here To Apply