WHO WE ARE:
Are you interested in working for an organization whose mission it is to enable frail, underserved, and multicultural senior communities to live independently at home and in their communities, for as long as possible?
Bakersfield Program of All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly (PACE) is dedicated to providing its participants with comprehensive health and social supports that are proven to effectively manage chronic conditions and to reduce the risk for premature institutionalization. PACE staff are leaders in the “aging in place” industry and we have had the honor of serving Kern County seniors and their families/caregivers for the past six years.
Under the direction of the Vice President (VP) of PACE Operations, provides leadership and is responsible for all Innovative Integrated Health (IIH) medical services, including planning, development, implementation, and ongoing delivery of participant care and clinical outcomes. Defines and implements the role of IIH Primary Care Providers (PCP’s), including Physicians and Mid-Levels. This is to be consistent with Bakersfield and Fresno sites.
Advise and inform the Management Team, VP and Board of Directors (BOD) on Innovative Integrated Health medical care development and operations. Responsible for the implementation and oversight of IIH quality assessment and performance improvement (QAPI) program and report to IIH’s Executive Director (ED) and VP of PACE Operations who will report to the Board of Directors on all clinical matters. On an annual basis, presents QAPI plan to the VP of PACE Operations and the Board of Directors for review, revision and formal approval. Serve on IIH’s Senior Leadership /Management Team. Work with the VP of PACE Operations in negotiating contract agreements with medical specialty and long-term health care providers following policies and procedures and contact practices. Establish the array of medical service delivery contacts to complete the service network and set up the quality assessment and performance improvement infrastructure. Maintain positive relationships with network providers. Work with the VP of PACE Operations to recruit, interview, credential, hire, and orient PCP’s who can work cohesively as a member of the interdisciplinary team. Provide supervision and performance evaluation to maintain high-quality participant primary care. Provide oversite and direction to the Director of Nursing holding regular meetings to discuss participant care and clinic operations. Implement process improvement plans and processes to measure productivity ensuring the best delivery of services. Utilize interpersonal skills in order to maintain supportive relationships with the Executive Director, Center Director/Manager, Primary Care Physician(s), Nurse Practitioner(s), Director of Nursing, and other key staff. Participate in the continuing education and training of all IIH staff. Confer with IIH’s Executive Director on standards for interdisciplinary team care, participants and caregiver and satisfaction, quality, protocols, grievances and appeals, enrollment and disenrollment, infection and exposure control, emergency preparedness, data and medical records management, service access, and overall program performance. Attend and participate in staff meetings, in-services, projects, and committees as assigned. Adhere to and support the center’s practices, procedures, and policies including assigned break times and attendance. Accept assigned duties in a cooperative manner; and perform all other related duties as assigned. Be flexible in schedule of hours worked. May require use of personal vehicle
Competitive Benefits and Salary:
- Desirable work schedule
- Health Insurance Coverage (Medical, Dental and Vision)
- Paid time off (including holidays, vacation and sick time)
- Competitive Salaries and bonuses
- Recruitment Referral Bonus Program
- Professional development opportunities
- Employee Recognition events and activities
- Please contact Human Resources for salary information
Business Hours: Monday – Friday / 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Graduate of an accredited school of medicine.
- Board certified /eligible in internal medicine or family practice
- Board certification granted by the American Boards of Internal Medicine and Family Practice for Added Qualification in Geriatric Medicine preferred
- Licensed by the California Medicine Board to practice medicine in California.
- Must provide current state license and DEA registration, and obtain staff privileges at PACE’s contracted hospitals
- CPR/BLS certification
- Is medically cleared for communicable diseases and has all immunizations up-to-date before engaging in direct participant contact
- Experience in oversight of physicians and mid- level personal.
- Developing and implementations of medical policies and procedures
- Minimum of one (1) year of documented experience working with a frail or elderly population
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- On call
- Doctorate (Required)
- CA Medical License (Required)
- One location
Click Here To Apply