The Sr. Software Developer will be responsible for the analysis, design and development of software solutions with a focus on Cloud platforms (Azure, AWS). The Sr. Software Developer will work with customers and internal stakeholders to understand their business needs to build new custom applications and perform complete system and integration designs. The Sr. Software Developer will teach, mentor, and mature our software development practice and be a technical leader within the organization.
The Corp Sr. Software Developer reports to Robert Evans. This position is required to report to the SHI Austin, Texas location as determined by SHI management.
Innovative Solutions. World Class Support.
Constantly growing in response to the needs of our customers in all sectors and verticals, SHI has transformed itself from a $1 million “software-only” regional reseller into a $11 billion global provider of information technology products and services.
From software and hardware procurement to deployment planning, configuration, data center optimization, IT asset management and cloud computing, SHI offers custom IT solutions for every aspect of your environment.
Privately-held and under the guidance of our current ownership since 1989, SHI has experienced tremendous growth in size and scope through neither merger nor acquisition. Our organic growth and two decades of stability are a direct result of backing a highly-skilled and tenured sales force with software volume licensing experts, hardware procurement specialists and certified IT services professionals.
Headquartered in Somerset, NJ, SHI supports their clients from over 30 offices throughout the U.S., Canada, the U.K., Germany, France and Hong Kong. SHI’s goal is to foster long-term, mutually-beneficial relationships with its customers and partners, every day.
What SHI Can Offer:
- World Class Facility includes on site gyms, restaurants and community events
- Ongoing opportunities for personal and professional growth and development due to our strong promote from within philosophy
- Work in an up-beat, creative, and fun environment
- Benefits, include medical, vision, dental, 401K, and flexible spending
- Share expertise by collaborating and coaching team members through code and design reviews to ensure code integration into system is up to company standards
- Keechnical standards and coding standards for all software that the team is building
- Lead the software design process from the product team, customers, and internal stakeholders
- Consult with project teams and end users to identify application requirements
- Design, develop, implement, change and deploy new and
- Troubleshoot and identify bugs in existing software, design and release fixes
- Create a software development environment to drive developers on the team towards maximum efficiency,
- Make recommendations for continuous improvement of our Software Development Life Cycle and DevOps processes
- Lead in the creation and maintenance of technical , architecture diagrams and visualizations for both the development team and internal stakeholders
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant work experience
- Minimum 6 years’ experience developing software applications and relational databases
- Experience with data modeling and database design
- Strong knowledge of unit and integration testing strategies and frameworks
- Experience working in an agile scrum team and contributing to the creation of user stories
- Hands-on experience with DevOps methodologies and concepts including CI/CD, IaC and automated testing
- Hands-on experience with developing modern, responsive web applications
- Hands-on experience with developing HTTP API’s using ASP.net Core
- Hands-on experience designing and working with relational database technologies
- Hands-on experience with Git version control
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field
- Hands-on experience with developing Platform-as-a-Service applications on either Microsoft Azure or Amazon Web Services
- Hands-on experience with developing solutions using NoSQL technologies like MongoDB, AWS DynamoDB or Azure DocumentDB
- Demonstrates excellent spoken and written communication as well as receptive listening skills
- Ability to present ideas in a clear, concise fashion to technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to shift priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Strong ability to work independently or in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Ability to take initiative and prioritize tasks
- Excellent time-management skills
- Strong problem prevention, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks
- Less than 10% of travel needed
Equal Employment Opportunity – M/F/Disability/Protected Veteran Status
Click Here To Apply