About* Quirch Foods*
In business for over 50 years, Quirch Foods is a global distributor and exporter of fresh and frozen food products with a unique focus on ethnic cultures. We service our customers from 5 distribution centers strategically located in the United States. We have consistently been ranked among the top 50 exporters in the US and are one of the largest importers of seafood. Our customers include independent grocers, chain supermarkets, foodservice distributors, cruise lines, restaurants and food processors/manufacturers. We have an extensive product list with over 8,000 SKU’s and carry niche brands such as Panamei, Mambo and Chiquita along with national brands like Tyson, IBP, Excel, JBS, Iowa Premium, Smithfield, Dietz & Watson, along with many others. We are headquartered in Coral Gables, FL.
Quirch is a portfolio company of Palladium Equity Partners, a leading mid-market private equity fund based in New York City, which partnered with the Executive Team to capitalize on Quirch Foods’ record of excellence and to grow it decisively beyond its current business.
Quirch foods is looking for a Traffic Coordinator to join our team. The Traffic Coordinator is responsible for the coordination and scheduling of finished goods in and out of the facility, done through utilizing warehouse management and transportation systems. They are also responsible for welcoming and assisting visitors.
Essential duties and Responsibilities:
· Welcome visitors by greeting them, in person or on the telephone; answering or referring inquiries
· Work with outside customers and internal departments within the company to develop a schedule for the delivery of products
· Prepare daily lists of receiving, shipments and checking shipping instructions
· Schedule and confirm appointments for suppliers
· Correct and prevent problems to ensure that products and the delivery process remain on schedule
· Scan and sends all received P.O. documentation to Accounting
· Prepare and review bills of lading, packing slips, labels, and purchase orders
· Responsible for preparing daily list of receiving, shipments and checking shipping instructions
· Responsible for scheduling appointments for suppliers
· Operate forklift and electric pallet jack as needed
· Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Requirements:
· High School Degree or GED required. Associates Degree in Logistics/Distribution Management or a Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
· At least 2 years, logistics experience
· Extensive use of Microsoft Office applications (specially Outlook, Word, Excel)
· Previous experience in a large manufacturing environment is preferred.
· Ability to operate various types of configuration of equipment assigned, including various types of forklifts and hand held scanners with training.
· Requires accurate, rapid and reliable data entry skills.
Benefits you will enjoy:
· Comprehensive benefits package that includes: Medical, Dental, Prescription Drug Plan, Disability Plan, Life insurance Plan.
· 401K savings Plan
· Paid Holidays
· Personal Time off
· Employee Discounts
Quirch Foods is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status. All applicants must be eligible to work in the United States.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- What is your desired compensation?
- Customer service: 1 year (Preferred)
- Warehouse: 1 year (Preferred)
- One location
Click Here To Apply