We are seeking a full-time Residential Counselor for our campus located in Norfolk, VA. The Residential Counselor’s responsibility is to provide direct care and guide clients to develop necessary skills through role modeling and building therapeutic relationships.
SCHEDULE: Night shift- 10:45pm – 7:15am, includes every other weekend and holiday
- High school diploma or GED and 6 months experience working with youth, preferably with behaviorally challenged youth
- Associate’s degree and 3 months experience working with youth, preferably with behaviorally challenged youth
- Bachelor’s degree, preferred
- At a minimum, provide line of sight supervision to assigned clients.
- Guide clients in hygiene, room care, laundry and chores to help clients develop skills to maintain good health and cleanliness through use of hygiene supplies, room care checks, laundry checks, chore list, hygiene programs.
- Under supervision of unit Charge Nurse, monitor, supervise, guide clients to ensure safety, support and behavioral management through using rounds, PEM teaching, processing, role modeling, direct view and training in accordance with agency policy. In emergency situations, may involve pursuing runaway residents on and off BRC grounds
- Build trusting and therapeutic relationships with clients in order to facilitate the client’s motivation/ability to change and to trust that the Treatment Plan is desirable and productive using caring and consistent social interactions.
- Accurately document clients’ behavior using BIO charting in the Medical Record to communicate clients’ behavior, staff interventions and outcomes using the Progress Note according to agency policy and demonstrate knowledge of each client’s treatment goals and objectives.
- Full benefits including medical, dental and vision insurance
- 403(b) retirement plan with company contribution
- Company paid life and long-term disability insurance
- Generous paid annual and sick leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee events and activities
- Employee Assistance Program
- Opportunities for advancement
- And more!
Click Here To Apply