Envigo provides the broadest range of research models and related services to the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries, government, academia, and other life science organizations. We pride ourselves on recruiting the best – professional, forward thinking, enthusiastic and highly motivated people who are passionate about what we do and believe in what we stand for…making a difference in people’s lives. We are evolving to become the best company to work with and to work for. Come and join us as a Relief Veterinarian in our Cumberland, VA location – we have an exciting future ahead!
Is this you?
We are seeking a Relief Veterinarian to join our dynamic team! This position works as part of our Clinical Services in Cumberland, VA offering coverage for emergencies, time off and high-volume. This role will focus on providing veterinary health care for laboratory animals and advice regarding the care and maintenance of laboratory animals. This responsibility extends to promoting animal well-being at all times and during all phases of the animal’s life as well as the compliance monitoring, quality management and safety of the animal models. The person in this role will need to be an excellent communicator, proactive problem-solver and a have excellent follow-through. We are seeking someone that shows attention to detail, has excellent time management skills, demonstrates an effective use of time and resources, has a teamwork mentality and positive attitude.
On a typical day, the Veterinarian will contribute to the Envigo team by:
- Assuring timely and accurate reporting of animal health, behaviour and wellbeing issues to the Attending Veterinarian (AV) and between the Institutional Official (IO) and Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC).
- Providing veterinary guidance to animal caretakers, managers, scientists and other stakeholders within Envigo on the implementation of the three Rs.
- Engendering and supporting a “Culture of Care” within Envigo while promoting and demonstrating professional standards.
- Providing veterinary clinical services including herd health, biosecurity practices, acclimation, conditioning, sanitation practices, pest control program, adventitious organism prevention, detection, containment and eradication, as well as surgery, anaesthesia and analgesia as needed.
- Providing veterinary expertise and guidance for customers and other stakeholders regarding animal transportation, procurement, nutrition, necropsy, behaviour, drug storage, preventative medicine, and animal health and welfare.
- Providing expertise and practical guidance with regard to animal health monitoring programs.
- Contributing veterinary scientific expertise as needed for education and training programs for animal care employees, supervisors, managers and other Envigo stakeholders.
- Providing veterinary oversite, expertise and coverage as indicated for the surgical facilities, including developing new surgical models as well as providing guidance on current best practices in surgical procedures and anaesthesia as assigned.
- Providing input regarding maintaining relevant local, state and federal veterinary and animal-related regulatory compliance.
- Promoting and complying with Envigo’s quality procedures as well as health and safety procedures.
To be successful in this role, this position requires that the Veterinarian brings:
- Veterinary degree
- Maintaining state veterinary licensure, DEA and federal accreditation (category 2) through continuing education credits
- Sufficient time in private practice or laboratory animal medicine to gain competency in veterinary herd health, clinical medicine and surgery skills
- Experience carrying out audits or inspections preferred
- Fluent in English, spoken and in writing
Envigo offers benefits including:
- Generous paid time off
- Paid holidays
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Health savings account
- Flexible spending account
Envigo is an EOE, including disability/vet.
Click Here To Apply