Under the general direction of the Childcare Director and consistent with the Christian mission and the policies and procedures set forth by the YMCA of Catawba Valley, the Childcare Part-Time/Substitute Teacher is responsible for the safety and well being of all children participating in the program.
- Experience in working with preschool children.
- Group leadership skills and experience.
- Good human relation skills.
- A sincere appreciation for and interest in children, strong desire to work with children in the childcare setting.
- First Aid, CPR, current negative TB test, medical exam, fingerprint check, criminal records check.
- Knowledge of emergency policies and procedures for the facility.
- Understanding of risk management issues and safety requirements for the facility and childcare program.
- Must be responsive to members and program participants.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Have or working towards attaining a High School Diploma/GED.
- Must have strong oral and written communication skills with volunteers, members, and parents.
The Childcare Full/Part-Time/Substitute Teacher is responsible for:
- Retaining a personal commitment to YMCA philosophy and the ability to implement values and education as role models
- Planning and implementing weekly activity plans that fit children’s needs and provide appropriate balance and choices of activities
- Assuring the safety, health, and welfare of the children
- Assuring that children are accounted for at all times
- Organizing and maintaining classroom activity areas, materials, supplies, and equipment in a responsible manner
- Being responsible for the appearance and cleanliness of the YMCA and any area the children use
- Keeping the director advised of equipment and materials that need to be repaired or replaced
- Maintaining constant supervision of the children
- Taking daily attendance and keeping all required reports pertaining to group
- Building and maintaining effective communication lines with supervisor, staff, parents, and children
- Understanding NC Child Daycare Requirements
- Reporting to work promptly
- Being well-groomed at all times and reporting to work properly dressed
- Attending pre-employment and in-service training as required
- Keeping the director informed of any classroom problems
- Any other duties assigned by the Childcare Director or the Executive Director.
_x_ Carrying (50lbs)
_x_ Lifting (50lbs)
The Childcare Full/Part-Time/Substitute Teacher will be responsible for observing the following rules.
- No Alcohol or drugs will be used on the job at any time.
- Report all job accidents the same day the accident happens.
- Obtain authorization from your supervisor for all non-emergency treatments for accidents.
- Wear seat belts at all times in company vehicles
- Keep the area where you work clean and neat at all times.
- Do not remove or bypass any guards on any machinery at any time.
- Ask you supervisor when you need additional equipment or instructions to get the job done safely.
- Lift with your legs, not your back, and get assistance with loads over 50 pounds.
- Advise your supervisor of any hazardous conditions.
- Follow all other written and spoken safety rules.
Effect on End Result:
The Childcare Full/Part-Time/Substitute Teacher represents the YMCA in a professional, courteous, friendly, and helpful manner to members and prospective members. The Childcare Full/Part-Time/Substitute Teacher will provide safe and caring supervision for the children participating in the childcare program.
A 90-day review will be conducted after the employee start date. The purpose of such an initial introductory period is to provide an opportunity for both the YMCA of Catawba Valley and the new employee to assess their respective satisfaction and suitability to the job.
Love-N-Care CDC – YMCA of Catawba Valley provided the following inclusive hiring information:
We are an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants equally without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability status.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $11.00 – $12.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Early Childhood Education: 1 year (Preferred)
- Childcare: 1 year (Preferred)
- CPR Certification (Preferred)
- NC Criminal Records Check Letter (Preferred)
- One location
Click Here To Apply