Facilities Manager – 2nd Shift
Goodman Manufacturing, a member of Daikin Industries is seeking a professional, skilled individual for our Facilities Manager position, at our DTTP – Waller, TX location. The Facilities Manager will be responsible overseeing maintenance of the facility along with implementing facility projects across the sight. Coordinates, oversees and/or manages repair and maintenance work assignments performed by technicians, vendors and contractors performing building maintenance, landscaping and janitorial work. Reviews work orders to ensure that assignments are completed. The manager will provide the technical link between facilities functions and production needs. If you meet the qualifications listed below, then we invite you to apply for our open position by visiting our website at http://careers.daikincomfort.com and submit your resume.
Daikin Texas Technology Park- has a footprint of 4.23 million square feet under a single roof, and is the third largest factory in the United States. Opened in 2017 as the manufacturing, logistics, and engineering center for Daikin’s American subsidiary Goodman, the plant makes heating and air conditioning products sold under the Goodman, Amana, and Daikin brands.
Houston-based Goodman is a leading supplier of heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) products for residential and commercial use and is a member of Daikin Industries, Ltd. Goodman’s products are predominantly marketed under the Goodman® and Amana® brand names, and are sold through company-operated and independent distribution networks with more than 950 total distribution points throughout North America. Goodman is ISO 14001:2004 accredited, an international certification that recognizes manufacturing processes and policies that are more environmentally sustainable. Daikin Industries is a Fortune 1000 company with more than 44,000 employees worldwide and is recognized as the number one HVAC manufacturer in the world. The company has manufacturing operations in 18 countries and a sales presence in more than 90 countries and is headquartered in Osaka, Japan.
Why work with us?
- Benefits are effective on day one for all full-time direct hires
- Training programs are available to help guide team members and develop new skills
- Growth Opportunities – there is immense opportunities to grow your career
- You will be part of a Global Company – our family brands are backed by Daikin Industries, Ltd.—an organization that brings opportunity to over 60,000 employees worldwide. Companies included are Daikin North America, Daikin Comfort, Goodman, Quietflex, Motili and TMI.
May include in addition to:
Oversee the day to day operation and maintenance of;
- Water plant, waste water facility, and industrial waste water facility
- Electrical infrastructure on site
- Gases delivery system to manufacturing processes
- Manufacturing area cleaning teams
- Chiller plant and compressed air plant
- Site management system and Fire suppression system
- Retention basins and related drainage management and Other requirements as develop
- Develop an overall preventative maintenance program for all facilities equipment. Goal is to minimize downtime of equipment by catching issues prior to major breakdowns.
- Provide support writing specifications, negotiating and or managing agreements of projects and vendors.
- Communicate consistently to levels of management regarding progress.
- Review reports provided by various teams to maintain quality building and grounds for the company.
- Work with facilities organization to rig in all equipment for sight.
- Effectively manage high volume of requests and directions.
- Budget, direct, manage and control all projects ensuring all schedules and budgets are met.
- Foster an environment of creativity, participative leadership, mutual respect for all employees within the department and an environment that nurtures a team approach to getting things done.
- Spend substantial time in the field to see employees at work, condition of the facility, quality of work, provide guidance and report problems.
- Perform duties safely, effectively, efficiently while maintaining a safe and clean work environment, which complies with procedures, rules and regulations.
- Responsible for performance management, coaching, and preparing corrective action for employees and liaises appropriately with HR and other support functions.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Excellent leadership skills; able to envision, develop, direct, manage, delegate responsibility and authority and motivate an organization.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Project and proficient knowledge of MS Office – Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Strong communication skills; clearly convey and transmit information through written and verbal form including business acumen. Superior writing and presentation skills.
- Effective organization and time management skills.
- Ability to use good judgement and strong work ethics and integrity on the job.
- Ability to adjust to operational needs as they arise. Ability to work under pressure and able to make sound decisions.
- Problem solving – effective elimination of root cause of problems using systematic approach
- High level of attention to detail and compliance oriented with regulations, policies and procedures including safety.
- Priority setting – capable of managing multiple inputs and directions to deliver the desired results
- Strong team player, results orientated, dedication to excellence and sense of urgency to achieve business objectives
- Ability to collaborate effectively with all levels of the organization
- An understanding of the AFE, Requisition, Purchase Order, and tracking process.
- Proficient in basic construction, wiring, plumbing, basic electrical maintenance, equipment maintenance, pneumatics and technical work. Ability to read and interpret drawings.
- Technical skills with Industrial wiring, plc s, basic mechanical skills and HVAC -preferred.
- Skilled in LOTO (Lock out tag out) procedures
- 8 plus years in a facilities management position and certified facilities manager
- 5 plus years in a leadership role
- Bachelor’s Degree, Architecture, Industrial Engineering, Construction Engineering or equivalent degree
- Facilities Manager Certification – required
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
The Company provides equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants regardless of a person’s race, color, religion (including religious dress or grooming practices), creed, national origin (including language use restrictions), citizenship, uniform service member or veteran status, ancestry, disability, physical or mental disability (including HIV/AIDS), medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), genetic information, request for protected leave, marital status, sex, pregnancy, age (over 40), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, political affiliation, or any other characteristic protected by law. The Company will comply with all federal and state regulations and statutes pertaining to individuals with disabilities.
Click Here To Apply