Disability Case Manager * remote * – (21000921)
**Training will begin for this class on August 2, 2021**
ReedGroup understands the importance of protecting our applicants and employees during these uncertain times and recognizes the need to work remotely during the concerns related to COVID-19. Virtual opportunities are currently available during the COVID- 19 pandemic.
There is a requirement to attend the paid training for the duration of the training period.
Do you have the desire to be part of a growing and innovative team? Is a culture where “People Count” and “We Do the Right Thing” important to you? If so, ReedGroup is actively seeking compassionate, driven and service-oriented individuals to join our Operations Team as Disability Case Managers. You’ll need to be prepared to think on your feet while supporting individuals who are making major life decisions. You’ll find yourself working with a committed group of colleagues who are not afraid of hard work or rapid change. We go home every day knowing that the work we do really matters and that we make a difference in people’s lives.
In this Disability Case Manager position, you will find yourself working in a modern workspace (when we return to our offices) and in an environment with kind and caring peers and managers. We care about one another as well as the health and well-being of our clients and employees. We strive to accomplish our goals together and we celebrate successes by honoring you as an individual and as part of a larger team.
Our Disability Case Manager ensures high quality customer service in disability case management, by serving as the critical communication link between all parties involved in medical disability cases. As the subject matter expert for client-specific absence plans, you will review medical documentation, claim decisions and utilize clinical consultants, advisors and vocational rehab counselors on a variety of case management initiatives including medical disability durations, return to work obstacles and/or return to work planning and clinical guidance/education.
- Act as subject matter expert for client-specific absence plans. When applicable, research to gain necessary information relevant to the case management process.
- Ascertain probable optimal recovery duration based on MDGuidelines criteria.
- Demonstrate adherence to ReedGroup values and performance guidelines, including complete and accurate documentation.
- Manage production requirements, organize priorities, provide timely intervention and maintain sensitivity to confidential records.
- Ensure quality standards for case management are met. Implement ReedGroup’s continuous quality improvement process whenever efficiencies or quality standards are not met.
- Attend scheduled medical roundtables with clinical staff to present clinical trigger documentation to drive claim management.
- Proactively communicates with client employees as needed.
- Manage caseload efficiently, organize priorities, provide timely intervention and maintain sensitivity to confidential records.
- Ensure quality standards for case management are met and implement Reed Group’s continuous quality improvement process whenever efficiencies or quality standards are not met.
- Drive return to work process from beginning of case to closure.
- Yes, we’ll consider you without higher education. Intelligence and the ability to learn on the job are just as important to us as a college degree. A high school diploma or a GED is required.
- Minimum of one year of customer service experience is required.
- Strong oral and written communication skills to interact with claimants clearly, concisely, and persuasively.
- Knowledge of the Family Medical Leave Act and MD Guidelines is preferred.
- Basic knowledge of medical terminology.
- Ability to prioritize work continually and produce a significant volume of work efficiently within performance standards.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with short deadlines.
- Ability to type 50+ WPM.
- Intermediate to advanced level of computer experience.
This role can be a remote/work from home position located anywhere in the continental United States.
There is no travel required for this position.
At Reed, you’ll have the support and flexibility to achieve your professional and personal goals.
Through skill-building, leadership development and philanthropic opportunities, we provide opportunities to build communities and grow your career, surrounded by diverse colleagues with high ethical standards.
In addition to the start of a great career path, we offer our employees:
- 401k with company match.
- Paid parental leave and backup family care.
- Medical, dental, vision plans.
- Life and disability insurance.
- Paid Time Off.
- Wellness discounts.
- Tuition assistance.
We recognize the importance of a work life balance. We promote healthy lifestyles and flexible work arrangements for our employees.
As the largest exclusive provider of absence management services, ReedGroup has been dedicated to helping employees return to work safely for more than 35 years. We create a seamless experience so clients can excel at their jobs and better serve their employees – supporting a thriving, engaged, and skilled workforce. ReedGroup is a wholly-owned, independent subsidiary of The Guardian Life Insurance Company – providing even more ways we can better serve people. Guardian has been helping people protect their futures and secure their lives for more than 150 years, and today serves 27 million people by helping them find financial confidence and well-being in life, health, and wealth. And as one of the largest mutual insurance companies, we know what matters most: putting the needs of customers first.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Reed is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, affectional or sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, marital status, disability, military or veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Other Locations: United States-Indiana, United States-District of Columbia-Washington, DC, United States-South Carolina, United States-North Carolina, United States-Pennsylvania, United States-Maine, United States-Minnesota, United States-Alabama, United States-Virginia, United States-Arkansas, United States-Nevada, United States-Kentucky, United States-Washington, United States-Montana, United States-Connecticut, United States-Mississippi, United States-Michigan, United States-Utah, United States-Maryland, United States-Rhode Island, United States-California, United States-Louisiana, United States-Tennesse, United States-Texas, United States-Iowa, United States-New Mexico, United States-Georgia, United States-Idaho, United States-Illinois, United States-New Jersey, United States-Vermont, United States-New Hampshire, United States-District of Columbia, United States-Oregon, United States-Ohio, United States-New York, United States-Oklahoma, United States-Florida, United States-Massachusetts, United States-Nebraska, United States-Missouri, United States, United States-Arizona, United States-Kansas, United States-Delaware, United States-North Dakota
Shift: Day Job
Job Type: Standard
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Job Posting: Jun 7, 2021, 3:01:38 PM
Click Here To Apply