Hometown IGA, located at Rockport, IN is looking for a full-time Assistant Manager. If you have the ability to run the total store when the Store Manager is absent, following and enforcing all company policies and programs, this could be the career you are looking for.
Requirements for this position include:
- Assists in hiring, training, and developing store personnel.
- Provides leadership with a positive image to employees and customers.
- Follows and enforces company policies and procedures for retail operations.
- Responsible for maintaining control of shrink, labor, ordering and merchandising to meet company goals.
- Assists customers by providing information, answering questions, obtaining merchandise requested, completing payment transactions etc.
- Responsible for documentation of policies, procedures, violations, administrative paperwork, and notification of store manager for guidance regarding personnel problems.
- Maintains inventory by checking merchandise to determine inventory levels, anticipating customer demand.
- Assists in maintaining store conditions to meet or exceed standards.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Provides customers with a pleasant shopping experience.
- Performs other related tasks as needed.
- Outgoing with good communication skills
- A self-starter and a team player
- Has the ability to create and exciting, warm, fun, and friendly shopping area
- Strong attention to detail
- Works with a sense of urgency
- Ability to follow oral and written directions
- Training and developing Associates for future company needs and holding all associates accountable for doing their jobs.
Houchens Industries is the largest employee owned company in the United States, sponsoring a full benefit package including:
- ESOP Retirement Plan
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Independent and family life insurance
- Short and long term disability
- Medical bridge and cancer policy
- Paid vacations and holiday
- Flexible scheduling
- Weekly payroll
- Employee referrals
- Ongoing incentive policies
There’s no greater time than today, to take that step with an established company for a long-term career. Become a part of our team today!!
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Supervising Experience: 1 year (Preferred)
- One location
Click Here To Apply