United Cooperative is a full-service cooperative that offers feed, grain, agronomy, and energy products to farmers and consumers throughout the Midwest. Join the largest farmer-owned grain and farm supply cooperative in the state of Wisconsin!
Competitive pay and an extensive benefits package including:
- Profit sharing
- Medical, Dental & Vision
- Company-paid HRA contribution
- Company-paid HSA contribution
- Company-paid life insurance
- Short-term disability
- Long-term disability
- Matching 401(k)
- 12 days of PTO
- Paid holidays
- Clothing allowances
- Employee discounts
As an Assistant Lead, you will oversee about 7-8 employees, have the opportunity to expand your skill set, build long-lasting relationships with our customers, and feel rewarded for the work you put in. In the mill, you will mix feed, work in our warehouse, drive forklift, handle 40-50 lbs. bags (or smaller), and sometimes work at elevated heights (as needed).
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist with the scheduling of employees.
- Schedule the manufacturing of feed.
- Complete inventory management and quality control.
- Handle the receiving of products.
- Understand and operate the control room.
- Represent yourself and United Cooperative professionally at all times in action and appearance – positively enriching the culture of United Cooperative.
- Work in an effective and efficient manner.
- Ensure facility is well maintained.
- Perform routine inspections of equipment and property and report findings to supervisor.
- Make recommendations for improvements in the facility or to equipment.
- Follow up to ensure that work has been completed efficiently.
- Attend safety and related job trainings as they become available.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned by management.
- One year of relevant experience or any equivalent experience that demonstrates the ability to do the job.
- Thorough knowledge of traffic laws and defensive driving.
- Skilled in operation of equipment.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with employees, supervisors, customers and the general public.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team. Self-motivated/self-directed.
- Ability to make independent judgments, which have moderate impacts on the organization.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements:
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs frequently.
- Ability to bend, reach, stoop, and climb as needed.
- Employee will be frequently exposed to machinery and moving parts.
- Employee will be exposed to feed dust which will require the use of personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Employee will be exposed to adverse weather conditions, heights, and confined spaces which will require additional training.
- The noise level in some areas may require the use of hearing protection.
Click Here To Apply