The City of Spencer is now accepting applications to fill 2 full-time Street Maintenance positions to work Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm.
Starting pay range is $ 20.01 – $21.15 per hour, depending on experience.
- Operate multiple types of City equipment: snow plow, front-end loader, spreader, roller, tractor, auger truck or comparable equipment as assigned
- Service and make minor repairs to equipment;
- Charge out materials to jobs;
- Cut brush and operate chainsaw;
- Paint street barricades;
- Perform rough carpentry work;
- Mix cement;
- Finish cement with finishing machine or by trowel;
- Lay brick for manholes and catch basins;
- Build curbs with cement; Build forms for cement;
- Cut cast iron pipe and concrete tile;
- Repair park equipment such as swings, slides, merry‑go‑round and cabins;
- Weeds and maintain flower beds; Fertilize and spray plants and trees;
- Stripe and mark streets, parking lots and curbs;
- Maintain street signs; Make and repair barricades and signs;
- Make stencils for use in street marking;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Iowa CDL Class B with Air Brakes & Tank Endorsement with acceptable driving record
- Skills in the operation of heavy equipment under all types of weather conditions
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions
- Good knowledge of traffic and safety rules, and accident prevention practices
- Ability to make minor repairs to and adjust heavy equipment
- Ability to communicate effectively and tactfully with the public
- Reliable attendance
- Must be able to lift 60 lbs on a continuous basis and up to 120 lbs or more periodically, raking & shoveling
- Ability to pass employment physical and drug/alcohol testing
- Ability to work inside and/or outside and be exposed to extreme cold & heat, noise, vibration; mechanical, electrical & chemical hazards, atmospheric conditions that affect the respiratory system or skin; may be required to wear a respirator, be in confined spaces or in darkness/poor lighting conditions and isolation. May work in trenches & climb steps/ladders.
Full benefit package with Low Cost Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance; Life Insurance provided; IPERS & 457b Retirement. 11 Paid holidays & Accrued sick leave and vacation.
TO APPLY: COMPLETE AN APPLICATION AT www.spenceriowacity.com
Successful candidates will be required to pass drug screening prior to employment. EOE. Position open until filled.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $20.01 – $21.15 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- CDL B with air brakes & tank endorsement (Required)
- Multiple locations
Click Here To Apply