Are you looking for an opportunity to start something new or build your career somewhere rewarding? Then look no further! Central McGowan is now hiring an experienced Inside Sales Representative to work on our growing sales team!
Who we are and what we do:
Central McGowan is a growing, diversified business. We are a leading supplier of gases, dry ice, and state-of-the-art equipment/technology for the manufacturing, welding, medical, and food and beverage industries in the upper Midwest, and a FANUC-authorized integrator of automation/robotic solutions. Our service area spans most of Minnesota and lowa, and areas of North Dakota, South Dakota and Wisconsin with automation implementations across the U.S. and internationally. We’re family owned with local roots and proud of it.
- Founded in 1965 with the merger of McGowan Welding Supply in Little Falls, MN (est. 1947) and Central Welding Supply, a small supplier of equipment and gases in St. Cloud, MN.
- Since 2011, we’ve grown from a 55-person, 2-location welding supply company to a nearly 130-person, 8-location, diversified business we are today.
- In 2015, expanded to include custom automation and robotics, making us one of the only local distributors who is also an integrator.
- In 2019, acquired Jasons Beverage Carbonation Company, another successful family-owned CO2 distributor in St. Paul, MN, expanding our distribution area to include customers in Minnesota and parts of North Dakota, South Dakota, Wisconsin and Iowa.
- In 2021, acquired Fessler Carbonic Gas Company in Des Moines, IA, expanding our CO2 footprint to all of Iowa; and Metro Welding Supply in Minneapolis, MN to better serve customers the Minneapolis metro area.
We deliver what our team and customers need to thrive. And, after decades of doing business, we believe quality, integrity, and putting customers first are the keys to our success. Whether it’s welding gases, a plasma cutter, or a custom automation solution, these are what set us apart. And it all starts with a commitment to our mission of “making life work better” for our customers.
It’s been through the hard work and ingenuity of dedicated employees that we’ve grown our services and product offerings to where they are today.
Under the direction of the Inside Sales Manager, the Inside Sales Representative is responsible for establishing and supporting distributor relationships. The Inside Sales Representative is responsible for presenting solutions and facilitating communication through outbound and inbound calls to both existing and prospect customers within an assigned sales territory.
- Fields inbound calls, emails and texts from account managers and route sales representatives and routes requests accordingly.
- Track all quotes for follow-up and ensure proper entry of all orders into software system.
- Enters new customer data and other sales data for current customers into computer database.
- Handles inbound sales lead calls to convert calls into sales.
- Investigates and resolves customer problems with deliveries.
- Act as liaison between customers and the mobile field sales team.
- Overcomes technical and business objections of prospective customers.
- Maintain regular contact and develop strong relationship with internal teams.
- Emphasizes salable features, quotes prices and credit terms, and prepares sales orders for orders obtained.
- Tracks stock levels and maintains basic level of inventory knowledge.
- Estimates date of delivery to customer, based on knowledge of own firm’s production and delivery schedules.
- Prepares reports of business transactions.
- Works with outside sales representatives to keep account activities and literature up to date.
- Bachelor’s degree or 2+ years of relative experience/training preferred or combination of education and experience.
- Experience in welding and industrial equipment sales and/or field-related tasks preferred.
- Proven ability to achieve sales quotas.
- Basic computer skills
- Detailed and Service-Oriented
What’s in it for me?
WE INVEST IN YOU! We offer competitive pay and outstanding benefits! Our benefits include (but are not limited to):
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Annual Profit sharing
- Work life balance – flexible scheduling options
- Paid Time Off (yes, even on your Birthday!)
- Paid Holidays Off
- Sponsored Volunteer Opportunities
- Employee rewards and recognition events
- Endless career growth and opportunities!
**Pay is market competitive and dependent on qualifications**
Central McGowan is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
** We hire and love veterans!*
Click Here To Apply