The General Service Technician is responsible for driving customers, picking up parts, maintaining the cleanliness of the shop and as needed conduct non-technical automotive service repairs such as oil changes, tire and wheel related services.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Safely transports customers to and from their place of residence or business using the company vehicle.
- Picks up parts, supplies, tires, etc. from vendors and/or the corporate office using the company vehicle.
- Operates company vehicle in a safe and courteous manner obeying all traffic laws.
- Conducts State Safety and Emission Inspections on vehicles in an ethical manner following all company and state guidelines.
- Performs tire mounting/dismounting, wheel balance and tire rotation.
- Performs oil changes and other basic services at the direction of the Shop Foreman or Store Manager.
- While performing basic services, observes general vehicle condition and points out any obvious needed repairs or safety concerns to the Shop Foreman or Store Manager. Utilizes the company’s Multi-point Inspection and/or Repair Order to properly document the vehicle condition.
- Maintains cleanliness of the shop to include the service area, tire racks, showroom and outside the building to maintain a clean and inviting appearance.
- Follows all safety procedures and reports any concerns to the Shop Foreman or Store Manager.
Automotive Technician Benefits:
· Above average pay
· Full-time, flexible scheduling if needed
· Facility is closed on Sundays
· Paid vacation
· Paid holidays
· Benefits include Medical, Dental, and Vision plans
· 401(k) plan
· HSA and FSA account option available
· Employee Discounts
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- A valid Texas driver’s license
- Possess current or expired State Inspector License or ability to obtain a State Inspector License within 30 days of hire date
- Possesses a general understanding of under the hood, mechanical and under carriage assemblies
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $11.00 – $14.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Automotive Repair: 1 year (Required)
- Driver’s License (Required)
- One location
Click Here To Apply