Dedicated. Compassionate. Inspiring. Rewarding.
These are just some of the words to describe what it’s like working at YCS. YCS employees are devoted professionals who have a passion for helping children, adolescents and adults.
Do you share the same qualities?
YCS Pamela Group Home in Randolph Township, NJ provides residential care to adults with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities in a group home setting. The group home is hiring immediately for Personal Assistants.
Personal Assistants are similar to Direct Support Professionals / DSPs. They are expected to have a unique sensitivity to recognize and appropriately respond to clients who may have evidenced difficulties. Provide quality daily care (personal hygiene, housekeeping, meal preparation, and other related tasks) to ensure the health and safety of clients in the residence and community.
- Full Time, Part Time, On Call
Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Assist clients in meeting their individual goals and objectives as defined in their Individual Habilitation Plan.
- Dependent on client’s IHP, teach/support the client with the following: bath, toilet, change adult absorbent underwear and linens, grooming and dressing, and self-administration of medication.
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of medications, purpose and side effects.
- Demonstrate proper body mechanics and mobility transfer technique to prevent injuries.
- De-escalate potential crisis situations and if necessary be prepared to control client physically.
- Keep accurate and timely records.
- High school degree or equivalent
- Valid driver’s license
- 21 years old or older
- Experience working with developmental disabilities preferred
YCS provides a competitive compensation package. Benefits for full-time employees include:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Paid time off
- Life insurance / disability benefits/ health and wellness programs
- 403 (B) savings and investment plans
- Potential public service loan forgiveness
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $14.00 – $16.50 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- On call
- Weekend availability
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- DSP/DDD/Caregiver: 1 year (Preferred)
- Driver’s License (Required)
- Multiple locations
Click Here To Apply