The location of the position is our Lancaster office.
The following are routine duties for this position:
- Schedule patients in electronic medical systems through phone, email or in-person patient contact.
- Room patients and complete their work-ups (vitals, history gathering, phlebotomy, communication of care-plan/s, and coordination of follow-up)
- Provide front office support by welcoming patients to the clinic, obtaining consents, ensuring appropriate medical history has been obtained and entered prior to the visit
- Understand medical terminology related to medications, common blood labs and diagnostic referrals
- Carry out the orders of the provider concerning patient care in a competent and safe manner. These duties include but are not limited to assisting with minor in office surgical procedures, patient teaching, medication dispensing (under a provider’s orders/direct supervision), vital signs, follow up care instructions, notification of test results, referrals to both specialty care and diagnostic care
- Properly operate and maintain specialized medical devices for the treatment and diagnosis of patients. Such devices include, but are not limited to, EKGs, equipment sterilizers, BMI monitors, etc.
- Coordinate clinical follow up/s including scheduling appointments, labs, referrals, etc.
- Order and facilitate arrival of medical supplies, office supplies, and medications
- Work with computers, web-browser technology, and EMR systems
- Foster a team environment with fellow support staff and providers
- Assist in outreach efforts for the promotion of new services and attracting new patients.
An applicant for this position should meet the following requirements:
- Completion of a medical assisting program, certification preferred
- Minimum of one year of direct patient care experience in primary care medical office
- To effectively communicate and education potential patients about the unique services and methodologies utilized at the center.
- A concierge-level of customer service with the patients at all times during an appointment and afterwards
- A commitment to effectively manage and deliver on organizational goals apart from direct patient care.
- Self-motivated and the ability to ask questions of other team members when help is needed
- Awareness and willingness to provide assistance to other team members.
- Well versed in the use of standard office software tools including word processing, spreadsheets and slide presentations
- Solid communication skills: written, verbal, and listening
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $14.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Primary Care
- 8 hour shift
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- BLS Certification (Preferred)
- Certified Medical Assistant (Preferred)
- One location
Click Here To Apply