The Dietary Aide assists in serving meals to our residents and creating a great experience. We are looking for enthusiastic individuals who share our passion of treating every resident with care, compassion and a sense of dignity.
Shepherd of the Valley is a Christian not-for-profit corporation governed by the basic Christian values of compassion, respect, dignity, spirituality, integrity and quality. Working for Shepherd of the Valley is not just a job, it’s a calling.
- Shepherd of the Valley provides 5-star treatment at our facilities.
- We are a healthcare community offering short-term rehabilitation, skilled nursing, long-term care, assisted living, independent living and home health services.
- Assists cooks with preparation of meals following federal, state and local regulations.
- Serves residents meals in a timely fashion.
- Works well in a team environment.
- Maintains kitchen standards and expectations.
- Delivers and picks-up tray carts to dining area for meal service.
- Performs dish-washing procedures, including pots and pans and all equipment, operates commercial dish machine.
- Sets up for next meal.
- Demonstrates and maintains a positive, professional manner, manages times efficiently and effectively, promotes a team approach.
- High school education; or up to one month of related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Applicants must be able to work day and evening shifts as well as be available to work weekends. Candidates will also be required to pass a pre-employment background check and drug screen.
- 1-2 years of experience in a restaurant or healthcare facility is preferred.
Why work at Shepherd of the Valley?
Shepherd of the Valley (SOV) offers a wide range of benefits as part of you total compensation package. Choose from top medical and dental insurance programs; plan for your future with tax-deferred investing with SOV retirement options; enjoy generous paid holidays and time off; and protect yourself and your family with life and long-term disability insurance. Here are some highlights of our compensation plan.
- Annual Performance Reviews
- Insurance – Medical, dental, eye and prescription drug coverage are available to eligible employees. SOV offers a fully paid $10,000 life insurance benefit.
- Flexible Spending Plan – SOV offers a flexible spending account that allows you to pay certain medical expenses as well as child care on a pre-tax basis.
- Paid Time Off – SOV employees begin accumulating paid time off (PTO) hours immediately.
- Paid Holidays – SOV recognizes 7 paid holidays; those who work a holiday are paid double time. In the third year of service all employees are paid for their birthday.
- Retirement – Employees are eligible to participate in SOV’s 403(b) tax deferred annuity from their first day.
- Education Support – SOV’s Professional Development Scholarship awards $1,000 each year to employees pursuing further education in their field.
- Additional Perks and Bonuses – SOV employees are eligible for discounts at local businesses. Employees of the month are recognized with a bonus. Recruitment bonuses for staff and residents are awarded. A quarterly wellness bonus is awarded for participating in a health and wellness check. After 3 years, employees receive an ongoing longevity bonus.
Shepherd of the Valley Lutheran Retirement Inc.is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, genetic information, gender identity, or any other protected status under applicable law.
Click Here To Apply