Prepares and delivers food trays to residents by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Assists cook in preparation of meals following federal, state and local regulations.
Prepares food items such as sandwiches, salads, soups, and beverages.
Washes pots, pans, and any other items as necessary.
Apportions and places food servings on plates and trays according to diet list on menu card.
Examines filled tray for completeness and places on cart.
Assists with meal delivery and sets up dining area for residents.
Serves meals to residents in a safe manner.
Puts away stock and insures proper rotation of items.
Collects and stacks dirty dishes on cart and returns cart to kitchen.
Washes dishes and cleans work area, tables, cabinets, and ovens.
Collects and places garbage and trash in designated containers.
Assists in serving guests for parties or special functions.
- Maintain the confidentiality of all resident, staff and organization information.
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Why work at Shepherd of the Valley?
Shepherd of the Valley (SOV) offers a wide range of benefits as part of you total compensation package. Choose from top medical and dental insurance programs; plan for your future with tax-deferred investing with SOV retirement options; enjoy generous paid holidays and time off; and protect yourself and your family with life and long-term disability insurance. Here are some highlights of our compensation plan.
- Annual Performance Reviews
- Insurance – Medical, dental, eye and prescription drug coverage are available to eligible employees. SOV offers a fully paid $10,000 life insurance benefit.
- Flexible Spending Plan – SOV offers a flexible spending account that allows you to pay certain medical expenses as well as child care on a pre-tax basis.
- Paid Time Off – SOV employees begin accumulating paid time off (PTO) hours immediately.
- Paid Holidays – SOV recognizes 7 paid holidays; those who work a holiday are paid double time. In the third year of service all employees are paid for their birthday.
- Retirement – Employees are eligible to participate in SOV’s 403(b) tax deferred annuity from their first day.
- Education Support – SOV’s Professional Development Scholarship awards $1,000 each year to employees pursuing further education in their field.
- Additional Perks and Bonuses – SOV employees are eligible for discounts at local businesses. Employees of the month are recognized with a bonus. Recruitment bonuses for staff and residents are awarded. A quarterly wellness bonus is awarded for participating in a health and wellness check. After 3 years, employees receive an ongoing longevity bonus.
Shepherd of the Valley Lutheran Retirement Inc.is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, genetic information, gender identity, or any other protected status under applicable law.
Click Here To Apply