To enhance the daily operations of the clinic by providing excellent care and communication to our patients. A dental assistant is a vital role in the daily operations of the practice.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
1. Chairside Assisting
- Prepare, sterilize, disinfect, and maintain dental equipment, instruments and supplies
- Collect and record patient health histories
- Maintain patient management during dental procedures to make sure the patient is comfortable (i.e. proper suction, using tools in gentle manner)
- Properly transfer instruments to the doctor
- Perform dental procedure isolation techniques. Keep patients’ mouths dry and clear by using suction or other devices.
- Preparation of dental materials (cements, amalgam, composite, impression materials, etc.)
- Thorough charting of treatment information in the patients’ dental notes from the doctor as directed.
- Assist doctor in management of medical and dental emergencies.
- Clean and polish removable devices
- Fabricate temporary restorations, custom trays, study models
- Deliver postoperative and general oral care instructions to patient
- Proficient with dental terminology, dental software (Dentrix) for charting, treatment planning, clinical notes..etc.
2. Expanded Functions
- Gathering diagnostics such as x-rays and intra-oral camera pictures as needed
- Take impressions
- Place topical medications as instructed by doctor.
- Remove excess cement from fabricated restorations as directed by doctor.
3. Infection Control Procedures
- Manage the dental office infection control plan to meet OSHA, CDC, and ADA standards.
- Perform instrument sterilization and disinfection procedures
- Disinfect dental operatory and equipment
4. Dental Laboratory Procedures
- Pour impressions to make and trim dental models.
- Fabricate whitening trays, temporary crowns
- Utilize dental technology (iTero) as instructed for procedures
5. Business Office Procedures
- Professional interaction with patients over the phone and in person
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Follow all forms of HIPAA and patient privacy for confidentiality
- Greet patients and display proper hand-off to the front office when checking a patient out
- Manage unscheduled treatment list
6. Service Responsibilities
- Exemplify excellent patient service by answering questions in a thorough manner and following up with patients when needed
- Foster a positive attitude at work when interacting with staff and patients.
- Be a team player.
- Adhere to Cherry Tree Dental standards and expectations
Job Type: Full-time
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
- One location
Click Here To Apply