At Hasbro we’re changing the face of play and entertainment. We’re looking for people who want to explore, experiment and innovate to come up with the best ideas. Our culture of community, passion, integrity, creativity and inclusion has inspired our diverse team of highly skilled, highly creative and highly committed individuals for 90+ years and we believe the best if yet to come.
We have an opportunity for an Associate Staff Auditor to join our Internal Audit team! Under the direct supervision of in-charge Senior and Internal Auditors, this role provides crucial assistance during internal audit activities, helping to complete specific tasks within the overall scope of the audit project. Assignments include a mix of business process reviews, consulting engagements and IT audits, as well as reviewing the effectiveness of internal controls over financial reporting (ICOFR) testing across business processes and IT general controls. You will develop an understanding of Hasbro’s main lines of business including Consumer Products, Gaming and Entertainment through hands-on audit engagement interactions with business leaders across Hasbro!
This position reports to the Manager of Internal Audit. During the course of audit engagements, the Staff Auditor will generally work under the direction and supervision of a Senior, Internal Auditor, or Audit Management. We will provide on-the-job mentoring and development opportunities in order to build your skills in auditing techniques and practices, as well as soft skills such as communication and relationship building. We believe that each auditor should attain a professional certification such as CISA, CIA, CPA or other as appropriate. We will encourage and support you in this process.
A day in the life of an Associate Staff Auditor:
- Assist in determining records or activities to analyze, the extent of tests to apply, working papers to prepare. Acquire, analyze, and evaluate evidentiary data as a basis for an informed, objective opinion on the adequacy and effectiveness of the activities and control system(s) being reviewed.
- Review transactions, documents, records, reports and methods for accuracy and effectiveness, and prepare working papers that record and summarize data on the assigned audit segment.
- Participate in preliminary discussions of observations/deficiencies with operating personnel to verify facts and to acquire explanations of such observations/deficiencies.
- Assist in the preparation of the report of audit observations and develop solutions for issues arising during the performance of the review.
- Play a part in Internal Audit Department initiatives and programs.
What you’ll bring:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Accounting, Finance, or related field.
- Entry level up to 2 years related experience and / or training within information systems, public accounting, internal audit, or general accounting including internships and co-ops.
- Knowledge of SAP or other Enterprise Management Systems desirable.
- Self-motivated, independent, well organized, accountable, detail oriented, yet aware of the big picture.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills. A desire to continuously learn and build intuition for business and have effective written and oral communication skills.
- Able to balance multiple tasks effectively and efficiently as well as manage assignments within time and budget constraints, while delivering quality and valuable work.
- Upon removal of COVID restrictions, travel will be required up to approximately 30%. Travel is an important part of the job and may occur during non-work hours and weekends.
Hasbro’s world-class brands and talented people are our greatest assets. One of the ways we invest in you is through a competitive and contemporary benefits package. Your particular benefits package will depend on your position, location, local legal requirements and years with the company. Here’s a look at what your benefits package may include: Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance, Half-day Fridays year round, Paid Vacation Time & Holidays, Generous 401(k) match, Paid Parental Leave, Team Hasbro Volunteer Program, Employee Giving & Matching Gifts Programs, Tuition Reimbursement, Toy Discounts and more!
Hasbro is committed to equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. We are committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, or any other legally protected status.
Jobs in RI, Jobs in Rhode Island, Jobs in Providence, RI Jobs, Rhode Island Jobs, Jobs in MA, Jobs in Massachusetts, Jobs in Boston, MA Jobs, Massachusetts Jobs, Boston Jobs, Big 4, Public Accounting, KPMG, PWC, Pricewaterhouse Coopers, EY, Ernst and Young, Ernst & Young, Deloitte
Click Here To Apply