- High School Diploma or possession of a general equivalency diploma (GED)
- Four (4) years of experience in procurement activities, maintenance operations, inventory management, materials delivery and logistics, vendor relationship management and development and customer service
- Possession of a valid driver’s license issued from the jurisdiction of residence
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Procurement & Logistics or related discipline
- Previous supervisory experience and elevator/escalator industry experience
Ability to satisfactorily complete the medical examination for this job class. This employee must be able to perform the essential functions of this job either with or without reasonable accommodation.
Mission Essential Designation
- In accordance with the Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority’s Continuity of Operations Plan (COOP) this job has been identified as critical to mission essential functions. Incumbents in this role may be required to report to or continue to work in the event of authorized office closings or service suspensions due to severe weather, natural disaster, fire, operational emergencies or related events.
The Supervisor, Elevator/Escalator Services Parts is a professional supervisory job responsible for the justification, procurement, allocation, and delivery of all equipment, parts, and supplies required for elevator and escalator maintenance. Assignments very detailed, complex, and time sensitive. The incumbent supervises staff to ensure efficient scheduling, pickup and delivery of escalator and elevator parts and supplies. The Supervisor, Elevator/Escalator Services Parts may act as ordering officer or Contract Officer Technical Representative (COTR) for small contracts for elevator and escalator parts, supplies, and services contracts.
- Supervises and maintains annual requirements contracts and blanket contracts for the overall maintenance ELES. Supports the day to day production activities for heavy overhaul, immediate repair and refurbishment maintenance. Releases blanket contracts to selected vendors who can deliver parts in a short period of time and within proximity of the need to return ELES units back to service.
- Initiates and coordinates stock and non-stock parts, supplies and materials procurement and delivery required for elevator and escalator maintenance. Coordinates with the office of Procurement (PRMT) and the office of Materials. Determines which parts are critical and non-critical and must be acquired and stocked. Initiates Purchase Requests (PR) and Purchase Orders (PO) and follows up with PRMT. Meets with ELES Engineering and Maintenance to determine whether a Parts Action Form (PAF) must be generated to justify permanently stocked parts and what quantity is needed.
- Establishes and maintains regional satellite supply points to enhance the availability and timely delivery of parts and supplies required for on-site maintenance. Proactively monitors the forward movement of materials per request from maintenance and CIP heavy repair. Assigns material specialists to return older parts to the warehouse. Monitors the housekeeping of Electrical Mechanical Room (EMR) rooms tells material specialists to deliver surplus parts back to the warehouse.
- Supervises assigned staff, recommends applicant selections, administers disciplinary actions, resolves grievances, assigns duties, directs work, approves leave requests, and ensures appropriate training is provided. Exhibits leadership in this supervisory role and handles day-to-day actions in a professional manner.
- Establishes a pool of reliable vendors, resolves any order, shipment, or delivery problems that arise and sustains a continuous supply of parts required to keep the assets in a state of good repair. Works with vendors and suppliers to improve speed of acquiring quality material with competitive pricing. Adds and maintains vendor information in the WMATA resource management system.
- Maintains required records, reports cost data to ELES and Plant Maintenance (PLNT) staff and reconciles orders with the Office of Accounting, PRMT and individual vendors. Maintains accurate records, monitors and determines the blanket inventory amount and meets weekly with the budget analyst regarding accruals, adding or removing funds.
- Supervises, directs and prioritizes that work of ELES Specialists.
- Supervises assigned ELES mechanics in the absence of a Supervisor, ELES Maintenance.
- Operate WMATA vehicle as necessary.
The essential duties listed are not intended to limit specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Nor is it intended to limit in any way the right of managers and supervisors to assign, direct and control the work of employees under their supervision.
Consideration will be given to applicants whose resumes demonstrate the required education and experience. Applicants should include all relevant education and work experience.
Evaluation criteria may include one or more of the following:
- Skills and/or behavioral assessment
- Personal interview
- Verification of education and experience (including certifications and licenses)
- Criminal Background Check (a criminal conviction is not an automatic bar to employment)
- Medical examination including a drug and alcohol screening (for safety sensitive positions)
- Review of a current motor vehicle report
WMATA is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other status protected by applicable federal law.
This posting is an announcement of a vacant position under recruitment. It is not intended to replace the official job description. Job descriptions are available upon confirmation of an interview.
Click Here To Apply