Imagine… 2 weeks after the birth of your child you realize they aren’t meeting critical developmental milestones and after months of doctor’s appointments you are told your baby has a rare neurological disease that would impact how they would live their lives. This is the reality of parents whose children have Spinal Muscular Atrophy (SMA) and it’s the reason why we at Novartis Gene Therapies are laser focused on bringing hope and possibility to those devastated by rare genetic diseases.
The Senior Manager of Talent Acquisition, will be a key member of the Talent Acquisition Team. This role will work with business leaders across the organization, Talent Acquisition and Human Resources to translate business strategies into talent needs by strengthening GTx ability to attract, assess, select and integrate top talent. Deliver innovative recruiting strategies that consider current and future talent demands while implementing a plan to support business objectives. The Senior Manager of Talent Acquisition will play a key role in the overall Talent Acquisition strategy by taking on specific projects which may include process development, training and implementation.
- Design and implement best in class, innovative and creative sourcing strategies that meet business needs and which create a pipeline of diverse, high caliber talent for the organization.
- Directly interact with senior management and provide coaching, consultancy and ensure TA operation alignment.
- Represent Talent Acquisition at appropriate executive and operational leadership meetings, providing updates on Talent Acquisition strategy and programs.
- Instill a customer focused mentality to ensure delivery of an excellent candidate experience.
- Serve as a subject matter expert for the talent acquisition strategy and partner with Talent Acquisition leadership to identify talent gaps and enact proactive strategies to identify and attract top talent.
- Maintains expert knowledge of relevant recruiting procedures and practices in compliance with State and Federal laws and regulations, and Company policies and procedures, along with biotech and pharma emerging trends, and benchmark comparisons.
- Track and analyze hiring data to ensure hiring goals are being met.
- Flexibility to travel as needed up to 25%.
- Minimum B.S degree or equivalent industry experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- 8+ years in Talent Acquisition or Recruiting in a corporate/inhouse capacity.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to solve at scale in a fast moving and changing organization.
- Demonstrated ability to influence stakeholders at all levels using data and insights to support recommendations and decisions.
- Relentless focus on providing an exceptional candidate and client experience and empowering team members to do the same.
- Flexible leader who can work well in an ambiguous, high growth environment.
The level of this position will be based on the final candidate’s qualifications.
769 million lives were touched by Novartis medicines in 2020, and while we’re proud of this, we know there is so much more we could do to help improve and extend people’s lives. We believe new insights, perspectives and ground-breaking solutions can be found at the intersection of medical science and digital innovation. That a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment inspires new ways of working.
We believe our potential can thrive and grow in an unbossed culture underpinned by integrity, curiosity and flexibility. And we can reinvent what’s possible, when we collaborate with courage to aggressively and ambitiously tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges. Because the greatest risk in life, is the risk of never trying! Imagine what you could do here at Novartis!
Novartis Gene Therapies Benefit Summary:
Annual bonus, long term incentive, health insurance, paid vacation/holidays, potential flexible working arrangements (based on role) and an employee recognition program are available for this position, among many other benefits provided to employees of Novartis Gene Therapies.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Novartis Gene Therapies is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, sexual orientation or veteran status.
Click Here To Apply