RNs with CHI Saint Joseph Health, now part of CommonSpirit Health formed between Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health, have a variety of skills from clinical to project management. Their ability to multitask and consistently deliver high quality care makes them some of the most well-rounded nurses caring for our patients. Keen assessment skills, critical thinking, and a sense of urgency attribute to their success.
As a Nurse, you will advance your career by providing care to patients funneled in from other units in the medical center which will quickly acquaint you with a variety of injuries, treatment options, and disease states. This provides you with the education and experience to advance your nursing career in specialized service lines such as cardiac, telemetry, orthopedics, neurology, critical care, surgical services, and emergency.
You appreciate that you will rarely have the same day twice and you thrive in a fast-paced clinical environment. Your documentation and communication is thorough, adding value to the whole nursing team. You position your teammates to do his, her, or their best work- benefiting your shared patients by
ensuring a smooth transition at shift change when you give report.
You have a talent for planning and coordinating which patients and their loved ones appreciate. You have the ability to think critically, creatively, and unconventionally when necessary. Project management is a natural talent as you will coordinate care between multiple patients while keeping your entire
healthcare team on track with shared goals.
CHI Saint Joseph Health provides you with the same level of care you provide for others. We care about our employees well-being and offer benefits that complement work/life balance.
We offer the following benefits to support you and your family:
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Flexible spending accounts
- Voluntary Protection: Group Accident, Critical Illness, and Identify Theft
- Adoption Assistance
- Free Premium Membership to Care.com with preloaded credits for children and/or dependent adults
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for you and your family
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Tuition Assistance for career growth and development
- Matching 401(k) and 457(b) Retirement Programs
- Wellness Program
- Relocation assistance (if applicable)
- Employee Referral Bonuses up to $15,000 (for eligible referrals)
- Sign-on Bonuses up to $15,000 or Education Assistance (loan payoff) up to $24,000 (for eligible positions)
Whether you are an experienced RN ‘who’s seen it all’ or a nurse working toward that, we invite you to join CHI Saint Joseph Health today and experience nursing with us!
CHI Saint Joseph Health supports 5000 active employees, 8 hospitals, specialty clinics, and a Medical Group with more than 200 locations across Central and Eastern KY.
Learn more about CHI Saint Joseph Health’s Awards and Recognitions here:
CHI Saint Joseph Hospital, now part of CommonSpirit Health formed between Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health, is a 433-bed acute care hospital with national recognition for treatment in the areas of cardiology, orthopedics and stroke.
Working in critical care as an ICU Nurse offers a variety of clinical challenges to nurses who choose this clinical area. Your patients are critically ill and unstable following extensive injury, surgery, or life threatening disease. Our nurses wear many hats daily from patient advocate to family advisor and, in some cases, even friend. We understand that.
Patient compassion and innovate healthcare solutions position CHI Saint Joseph Health to maintain our reputation as a nationally recognized, medical pioneer
- Patience and focus to constantly monitor high acuity patients with
- Proven ability to think and react quickly in critical or emergency situations
- Medication evaluation, administration, and education specific to the patient’s custom care plan
- Facilitate education to patients and caregivers concerning condition, treatment plan, and prevention (if appropriate)
- Actively participate in decisions affecting your practice environment for excellence in delivering quality care to patients in intensive care
- Associate’s Degree (ADN) in Nursing from an accredited nursing college or program
- Active Registered Nurse (RN) license cleared by the Kentucky Board of Nursing or with eNLC multi-state practice privilege
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) required to obtain within 90 days post hire
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing (BSN)
- 2 years of experience in acute care or in Critical Care nursing
related skills: Vitals, ICP Monitoring, Seizure Precautions, Crutchfield Tongs, Halo Traction
Care of Patient with:
Spinal Cord Injury
Pre/Post Neurological Surgery
Degenerative Diseases of the Nervous System
Acute Head injury
Neuro ICU Cerebral Aneurysm
CommonSpirit Health participates in E-verify.
Click Here To Apply