Optometric Technician – Bilingual
The Optometric Technician is responsible for each patient’s preliminary testing, assisting the doctors with any exam needs and any contact lens related issues. They ensure the practice’s quality standards are met, while completing specific, essential responsibilities that pertain to conducting preliminary testing and gathering medical information and the overall patient experience.
- This position primarily maintains a full-time status.
- Locations maintain working hours of 8:30a-5:30pm Monday through Thursday and varying hours on Fridays and rotational Saturday mornings 9-1 can be frequent if desired or occasional.
- This position is non-exempt and has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
- Perform all preliminary and any doctor requested testing on patients.
- Accurately document patient’s medical history and testing results.
- Prepare and clean exam rooms for doctor to perform exams on patients.
- Receive and verify contact lens orders for patients.
- Order and keep inventory of contact lens stock trial lenses, contact lens rebates, contact lens solutions, vitamin supplements and over the counter and pharmaceutical eye drops.
- Instruct new contact lens wearers on how to insert and remove contact lenses.
- Maintain compliance with company policies and procedures, government regulations and HIPAA guidelines.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by management.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Minimum of one (1) year experience in a customer service role.
- Must complete testing within first year of employment to demonstrate competency in Technician role.
- Monday-Friday 8:30-5:30; Saturday 9-1 rotation, not every week
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) required
- Strong computer skills and high accuracy when entering patient information.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills to enhance the patient experience.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and think quickly to ensure expedient service to patients.
Harrel Eyecare is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $11.00 – $14.00 per hour
- 401(k) Matching
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Vision Insurance
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Customer service: 1 year (Preferred)
- One location
Click Here To Apply