Our Marketing team are passionate about bringing our medicines and vaccines to our customers around the world. Through digital listening and patient analytics, we are able to understand our customers’ needs and strive to provide solutions to meet them.
Do you want to be part of a vibrant, fast moving and agile team that works to ensure oncology patients have access to the diagnostics needed to guide their treatment? Are you a seasoned marketer or scientist with a commercial mindset with experience and insights across both diagnostics and pharma?
Then you could be our new Global Marketing Director, Biomarker & Diagnostics.
We are currently recruiting for a Global Marketing Director, Biomarker & Diagnostics within Oncology Global Marketing. The Global Marketing Director is charged with developing and leading Global Diagnostic Strategies within our oncology portfolio in close collaboration with the Global Disease Leaders and Global Business Leaders in Human Health as well as Diagnostic Development Teams in Research & Development (R&D).
As Global Marketing Director, Biomarker & Diagnostics you will be responsible for ensuring implementation of our biomarker and diagnostics strategies, aiming to make quality diagnostic tests available to patients. The development of tumor specific diagnostic commercialization plans & tactics is done together with Regional and Local Diagnostic Leads.
The role as Global Marketing Director, Biomarker & Diagnostics holds the opportunity and requirement to work with multiple tumor-types and interface with a wide range of functional areas to continuously optimize diagnostic strategies and their execution. You will drive initiatives with our Diagnostic and Pharma partners as well as our internal support functions and you will be a key member of our Global Oncology Marketing Team.
Other Key Responsibilities :
- Providing commercial leadership, support and expertise to Diagnostic Development Teams, Global Brand Teams, Regional & Local Marketing Organizations
- Short & long-range Business Strategy & Planning; development of diagnostic strategies & tactics, hereunder positioning, messaging, competitor assessments etc.
- Global engagement of key scientific leaders relevant for guiding strategy development and enablement of the use of the diagnostic test together with Medical Affairs and key R&D functions
- Working effectively with cross-functional partners including R&D, Medical Affairs, Market Access, Regulatory Affairs, Diagnostic and Pharma partner companies to successfully navigate the internal and external environments and deliver value to patients
The position will be based in USA – New Jersey – Kenilworth and will report to the Diagnostic Product Lead, Global Commercial Biomarker & Diagnostic Strategy.
- Required: Bachelors
- Preferred: Master’s degree (MSc, MBA) or PhD
- Minimum of 5 years of industry experience (pharmaceutical and diagnostic) is required
- Strong Pharma or Diagnostic experience within Oncology
- Pharmaceutical & Diagnostics marketing experience
- Diagnostic product launch experience
- Strong scientific understanding of diagnostic technologies
- Demonstrated commercial leadership in marketplace assessment, development of diagnostic product strategy, short- & long-range business planning
- Strong cross-functional and informal leadership skills in problem solving, teamwork, analytical, written/verbal communication, and presentation skills
- Proven ability to work with many areas of marketing management including strategy development, engagement programs, competitive dynamics, and issues management in a highly complex and dynamic environment is a must
25% Travel, including some weekends
Our Human Health Division maintains a “patient first, profits later” ideology. The organization is comprised of sales, marketing, market access, digital analytics and commercial professionals who are passionate about their role in bringing our medicines to our customers worldwide.
Who we are …
We are known as Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, New Jersey, USA in the United States and Canada and MSD everywhere else. For more than a century, we have been inventing for life, bringing forward medicines and vaccines for many of the world’s most challenging diseases. Today, our company continues to be at the forefront of research to deliver innovative health solutions and advance the prevention and treatment of diseases that threaten people and animals around the world.
What we look for …
In a world of rapid innovation, we seek brave Inventors who want to make an Impact in all aspects of our business, enabling breakthroughs that will affect generations to come. We encourage you to bring your disruptive thinking, collaborative spirit and diverse perspective to our organization. Together we will continue Inventing For Life, Impacting Lives while Inspiring Your Career Growth.
Invent. Impact. Inspire.
NOTICE FOR INTERNAL APPLICANTS
In accordance with Managers’ Policy – Job Posting and Employee Placement, all employees subject to this policy are required to have a minimum of twelve (12) months of service in current position prior to applying for open positions.
If you have been offered a separation benefits package, but have not yet reached your separation date and are offered a position within the salary and geographical parameters as set forth in the Summary Plan Description (SPD) of your separation package, then you are no longer eligible for your separation benefits package. To discuss in more detail, please contact your HRBP or Talent Acquisition Advisor.
Current Employees apply HERE
Current Contingent Workers apply HERE
US and Puerto Rico Residents Only:
Our company is committed to inclusion, ensuring that candidates can engage in a hiring process that exhibits their true capabilities. Please click here if you need an accommodation during the application or hiring process.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
OFCCP EEO Supplement
We are proud to be a company that embraces the value of bringing diverse, talented, and committed people together. The fastest way to breakthrough innovation is when diverse ideas come together in an inclusive environment. We encourage our colleagues to respectfully challenge one another’s thinking and approach problems collectively. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Flexible Work Arrangements:
Valid Driving License:
Number of Openings:
Click Here To Apply