Empire Truck Center in Ault, CO is currently looking for an experienced Diesel Mechanic to maintain our level of commitment to safety and quality workmanship. In this role, the successful candidate will perform truck repair and maintenance work in accordance with factory and industry standards, run diagnostics on vehicles and work closely with other team members to meet company goals. This is a great opportunity for a knowledgeable, hardworking Diesel Mechanic to apply his or her skills. You will be working on commercial and passenger trucks such as: Freightliner, Kenworth, Volvo, Ford, Chevy, Dodge, etc.
Work week is Monday – Friday 7:00 am – 5:30 pm
Full benefits that include: Paid Time Off (PTO), medical/dental/vision insurance.
- Perform minor and major repairs on trucks
- Conduct regular preventative maintenance
- Collaborate with repair team to diagnose problems with vehicles and plan repairs
- Perform regular diagnostic tests on trucks
- Maintain accurate records of each repair performed on vehicles
- Road test vehicles as needed for quality assessment.
- Maintain neat and orderly work area.
- Uphold federal, state and local regulations governing the disposal of hazardous waste.
- Perform job duties and functions with flexibility in the event circumstances shift, i.e., emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs or technology developments
- Others as instructed by shop manager
Required Education, Experience, Knowledge & Skills
- Extensive knowledge of trucks i.e., clutch/transmission rebuilds/installation, Truck Services including oil change, check of drive train and rear end oils, etc., removal and installation of drive and steer axle brakes.
- Knowledge of Caterpillar and Cummins engines.
- Valid CDL driver’s license is preferred
- Experience diagnosing and repairing diesel trucks.
- Prefer candidate possesses a complete set of tools
- Excellent verbal and communication skills
- Detail oriented
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $20.00 – $30.00 per hour
- One location
Click Here To Apply