Location: LOC_ROBERTS-Roberts Ctr Pediatric Research
Req ID: 117391
Employment Status: Regular – Full Time
Clinical agent will triage calls and provide risk assessment for individuals engaging with the Center for Public Health Readiness and Response. The clinical agent will interface with multiple audiences, ranging from the Greater Philadelphia public, CHOP employees, patients and families, and will serve as a liaison for non-clinical staff. All team members must be comfortable multi-tasking, interpreting and relaying information via phone, and navigating multiple computer databases and resources. Shifts needed are day/evening and nights, 7 days per week.
- Triage calls from the public and CHOP employees to our Coronavirus Resource Line:
- Collect information necessary to apply caller situation to algorithms and guidelines provided by CPRR leadership and external public health authorities.
- Apply clinical judgement to aid in Risk assessment of exposure events.
- Provide the caller with a calm evaluation of the incident and makes complete, concise and relevant management recommendations.
- Attempt to provide callers with action-oriented resources for all calls.
- Demonstrate a courteous, reassuring and helpful manner during interactions with callers.
- Disengages politely from callers, particularly those who are seeking information not applicable to the services of the CPRR.
- Document all phone encounters and employee risk assessments in a thorough manner.
- Complete necessary registration, scheduling, and prescribing as provisioned in standing orders develop for various programs in the CPRR.
- Provide consultative support and training to non-clinical agents.
- Assist with team projects/assignments to help alleviate call center workflow on as needed basis.
- Perform Contact tracing of all potential exposures at CHOP and work closely with Infection and Prevention Colleagues
- Provide surge preparation and coverage when needed and available .
- Adapt swiftly to new program deliverables in an effort to continue to support the needs of CHOP and our community.
- Attends and participates in staff meetings. If real-time attendance not possible, must review recordings and material to 100% of all meetings.
- Participates in on-going continuing education and promptly reviews 100% of emails sent from CPRR leadership team.
Job Responsibilities (Continued)
Job Responsibilities (Continued)
Required Licenses, Certifications, Registrations
Registered Nurse license in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
Required Education and Experience
Required Education: Bachelor’s Degree in a healthcare related field.
Required Experience: Three years (3) years of experience in health care or public health settings.
Preferred Education, Experience & Cert/Lic
Preferred Education: BSN
Preferred Experience: At least five (5) years of experience in health care, call center, and/or public health.
Additional Technical Requirements
Employee must have critical thinking skills, troubleshooting, independent learner, adaptability to new information and processes, ability to multi-task, intermediate to advanced computer skills.
All CHOP employees who work in a patient building or who provide patient care are required to receive an annual influenza vaccine unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.
Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia is committed to providing a safe and healthy environment for its patients, family members, visitors and employees. In an effort to achieve this goal, employment at Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia, other than for positions with regularly scheduled hours in New Jersey, is contingent upon an attestation that the job applicant does not use tobacco products.
Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability or protected veteran status.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor/Seeking priority referrals for protected veterans. Please contact our hiring official with any referrals or questions.
CHOP Careers Contact
2716 South Street, 6th Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19146
Click Here To Apply