Underwriter, Specialty Casualty (Job Number: 337152)
Chubb is the world’s largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance, and life insurance to a diverse group of clients. The company is distinguished by its extensive product and service offerings, broad distribution capabilities, exceptional financial strength, underwriting excellence, superior claims handling expertise and local operations globally.
Under the direction of the Specialty Casualty (SC) Manager, execute business unit strategy for the Pacific Region which includes the San Francisco, San Ramon, Seattle, Portland, Los Angeles, Newport Beach, San Diego and Phoenix offices. Product line responsibilities include general liability and supported umbrella with ancillary workers compensation and auto coverages as well as mono-line excess and umbrella business. As a member of the regional SC team, contribute to profitable underwriting results through the growth, selection, development, servicing and underwriting of general casualty & products, energy, renewable energy, construction, and environmental industry-specific business. This position is responsible for contributing to profit and production goals, meeting branch administrative standards, and being an active participate on the regional team. The position requires extensive marketing and collaboration with other Chubb business units and is in Chubb’s Los Angeles branch.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Solicit new and renewal submissions from agents and brokers – the underwriter is responsible for a $1 million annual new business production goal between SC and excess/umbrella and shares responsibility with the regional team for an $15 million book of business
- Execute regional marketing and sales strategies including prospecting, cross sell and upsell initiatives
- Determine terms, conditions and pricing using complex rating plans, underwriting guidelines, and staying within authority levels
- Work collaboratively with Manager, Underwriting Associate and other unit and region colleagues
- Document underwriting files thoroughly and accurately
- Handle accounts and portfolio of business within underwriting authority
- Adhere to all underwriting standards and guidelines as outlined by the Division including all applicable Underwriting Guidelines, Authorities and Position Papers
- Adhere to guidelines for accurate and timely policy issuance, accurate premium booking and billing, manuscript form and endorsement processes, and file construction and documentation
- Local, regular agency and broker travel
- Understanding of basic insurance principles in the General Casualty/Products Liability area preferred
- Effective sales, marketing, and relationship development skills
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate and position product to internal and external customers and groups of all sizes
- Demonstrated existing partnerships and relationships with regional broker community preferred
- Able to successfully work independently, prioritize work and manage multiple priorities
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- 1+years of casualty underwriting experience preferred
- Knowledge of the casualty insurance industry
- Demonstrated proficiency with all manner of technology
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
Chubb strives to offer a diverse and inclusive and rewarding work environment. Teamwork and mutual respect are central to how Chubb operates and we believe the best solutions draw upon diverse perspectives, experiences and skills. We operate in such a way where everyone, regardless of their singular background has the opportunity to contribute to our collective success.
At Chubb, we are committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions or opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, ancestry, mental and physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, age, and pregnancy or any other characteristic protected by law. Performance and qualifications are the only basis upon which we hire, assign, promote, compensate, develop and retain employees. Chubb prohibits all unlawful discrimination, harassment and retaliation against any individual who reports discrimination or harassment.
Job Posting – May 4, 2021, 9:32:24 AM
Click Here To Apply