The Purchasing/Receiving Manager – Structural Steel is responsible for the planning and carrying out work as it relates to shipping, receiving and inventory. Candidate will also maintain inventory management, shipping and receiving, daily inbound, outbound and the day to day fabrication shop operations. Responsible for tracking inventory and maintaining accurate inventory records and able to research any discrepancies. Display a strong understanding of the equipment he/she uses, the location of product, the lay-out of the fabrication shop/yard, and all other applicable product information. Inventory control data and reporting, as well as responsible for cycle counts, data collection, as well as developing and maintaining inventory control procedures.
- Overall responsibilities include performance of warehouse operations, logistics, inventory management, receiving and shipping.
- Responsible for the integrity and accuracy of all inventories by performing daily audits and maintaining inventory counts in company software program.
- Please note this job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without prior notice
- Checks goods against shipping documents and authorizations.
- Packs goods for shipment according to specifications, equipment characteristics, transportation methods and routes.
- Processes necessary paperwork to close orders.
- Loads shipments onto carrier with 6000# forklift.
- Checks incoming goods against packaging slips, etc.
- Verifies identification and quantity of goods of incoming goods and rejects damaged, excess, or misdirected goods.
- Processes receiving including physical and system data entry
- Routes materials to inspection or other destinations.
- Maintains necessary files and documentations.
- Maintains inventory of shipping materials
- Knowledge of shipping and receiving processes
- Requires the ability to use a computer and MS Office (i.e. Excel and Word)
- Strong verbal and written communication…
- Math and analytical skills.
- Intermediate to proficient computer skills.
- Reasoning abilities: ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to communicate and work well with people of all levels.
- Ability to work well under pressure in fast-paced environment.
- Required to operate power equipment.
- Keep appropriate records and reports to guarantee that tight inventory control and security are maintained; assist in physical inventories and ensure proper stock rotation.
- Ability to move from one assigned area to another as work requires.
- Ability to stand, walk and operate throughout an 8-hour period, and sometimes longer.
- You can lift 35 to 50 pounds with or without reasonable accommodation
- You can climb, bend, reach, stoop, kneel, and stretch for extended periods with or without a reasonable accommodation
- You can repeatedly lift, carry, push, pull, and handle products with or without a reasonable accommodation
- You are willing and able to work in an environment that has extreme temperatures, humidity, hazardous/loud equipment, and slippery surfaces
- Ability to perform all above-mentioned duties with or without accommodations.
Salary – $25 per hour
Employee Benefits – including medical plans, dental, vision, and 401k.
Job Type: Full-time
- Inventory Management: 2 years (Preferred)
- Hardeeville, SC (Required)
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $25.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- English (Preferred)
- One location
Click Here To Apply