Licensed Vocation Nurse (LVN) or Licensed Psychiatric Technician (LPT)
Program Type: Community-Based
About the Program: At the Santa Maria Assertive Community Treatment (ACT) program, you have the opportunity to connect with a group of people who are here to be your support team.
We believe that recovery starts from within and will do whatever it takes to support you on your recovery journey. Our multidisciplinary team consists of an administrator, a clinical director, case managers, and peer staff who are all here to help you develop a transition plan so you can continue to recover and succeed once discharged from the program.
Our program is based on the Assertive Community Treatment (ACT) model. Santa Maria ACT staff create a supportive environment, including 24/7 access to a comprehensive and flexible range of wraparound services based on your needs, hopes, and dreams. The majority of our services are provided in the community where you live, work, and socialize.
Employment Status: Full-Time
Shift: 8:30 am – 5:00 pm
Days:Monday – Friday
The Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN)/Licensed Psychiatric Technician (LPT) provides recovery focused services related to the safe and appropriate administration of medical treatment (including medications) as prescribed by the physician. Provides safe, effective, and efficient implementation of direct care in accordance with established policies, procedures and standards of care.
- Graduation from an accredited Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) /Licensed Psychiatric Technician (LPT) program and current licensure
- Current CPR/BLS certificate
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be CPR, Crisis Prevention Institute (CPI), and First Aid certified on date of employment or within 60 days of employment and maintain current certification throughout employment
- All opportunities at Telecare are contingent upon successful completion and receipt of acceptable results of the applicable post-offer physical examination, 2-step PPD test for tuberculosis, acceptable criminal background clearances, excluded party sanctions, and degree or license verification. Position requires driving, valid driver license, a motor vehicle clearance, and proof of auto insurance is required at time of employment and must be maintained throughout employment. Additional regulatory, contractual, or local requirements may apply.
- Previous experience with population to be served and/or work in a similar program setting preferred
- One (1) year of experience
- Understanding of psychiatric illness and its treatment, and knowledge of psychotropic medication
- Demonstrates the Telecare mission, purpose, values, and beliefs in everyday language and contact with internal and external stakeholders
- Establishes and maintains a therapeutic relationship with members served
- Provides nursing care and assists in the welcoming, admission, and discharge process
- Collects data relevant to care of members served; develops and implements nursing care plans
- Demonstrates knowledge of crisis management and intervention
- Transcribes physician orders accurately and in a timely manner
- Administers medication and treatments to members served
- Receives and presents change of shift report as assigned
- Adheres to medication management policies and procedures
- Notifies the prescriber and nursing supervisor of any changes in behavior or condition
- Documents the progress of members served toward their Recovery Plan goals
- Attends and participates in community meetings and groups
- Actively participates in multidisciplinary team meetings and treatment planning meetings
- Coordinates and participates in counting medications and giving report at the beginning and end of each shift
- Must evade members served in the event of assaultive behavior and pass assault crisis/crisis prevention training
Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted, and/or changed at the discretion of management.
Position requires transporting Members in own personal vehicle and program van (acceptable driving record and vehicle inspection for safety). Position requires driving for company business such as trainings, offsite meetings, etc.
- Ability to review and implements Recovery/Treatment plans
- Ability to support medical and psycho-social care for members served
- Ability to administer oral and injectable medications
- Ability to act as a team member and provide input via reporting observations and concerns and asking appropriate questions
- Ability to review and implement recovery treatment plans for members served
- Demonstrated ability to implement physical crisis and de-escalation techniques
The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee is occasionally required to sit, squat, kneel, twist, push, pull and lift and carry items weighing 25 pounds or less as well as to frequently walk, stand, bend, reach and do simple and power grasping. The position requires manual deviation, repetition and dexterity as well as Hazardous Exposure (Blood Borne Pathogens, Hospital Waste, Chemical & Infectious).
EOE AA M/F/V/Disability
Equal Opportunity Employer Description
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Click Here To Apply