Georgia Trial Attorneys at Kirchen & Grant was founded in 2015 to fight for the rights of the injured against the greed of multi-million and multi-billion dollar insurance companies. The firm’s founding partners, Mark Kirchen and James Grant, share a passion for empowering the injured with the highest levels of professionalism and ethics – traits that are quite uncommon in the legal profession.
Our philosophy is to prepare and run every case as if we were the client. We know you and your family have so much to worry about after a personal injury. Our top priority is to take on the stress of handling your claim so that you can focus on your mental and physical recovery. We take the time to understand your unique situation and expectations. Then we craft a strategy to fit your needs, whether that includes a pre-litigation settlement, filing a lawsuit or trying a case before a jury of your peers.
Georgia Trial Attorneys is consistently recognized by our clients and colleagues for delivering aggressive, ethical and honest results. We leverage our team’s talents to work for you – starting the moment we are called into action. Ultimately, we greatly value the opportunity to serve our current and future clients and working to resolve their cases to their satisfaction.
Job Overview: The Client Liaison position is responsible for managing the firm’s reputation with clients to ensure all business operating needs are met and exceeded. The Client Liaison will be a customer service and scheduling expert, able to provide the best possible interaction between the Firm and the client.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Work directly with two attorneys and paralegals as the primary contact point for clients.
- Receive and respond to internal and external client requests within established timelines, while working closely with internal departments to identify solutions as they arise or as requested by the client
- Manage the schedule of two attorneys and paralegals, including appointment confirmations, trial deadlines and meeting requirements
- Respond to client requests regarding status of their case
- Proactively send updates to clients regarding the status of their case
- Ensure clients always receive the excellent customer service
- Obtain required documents from the client and others
- Draft and send letters – checking for proper grammar and spelling
- Correspond with opposing parties, medical providers, and insurance companies
- Build and cultivate professional client relationships and cultivate a team environment within the department
- Various other related task and administrative duties as they rise
· Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
· Ability to work independently with limited supervision
· 2 + years of customer service experience
· 2 + years of scheduling experience in a high volume office for multiple people
· Experience in a fast pace work environment
· Time management and ability to multi-task
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $15.00 – $15.50 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
- Scheduling: 2 years (Preferred)
- Customer service: 2 years (Preferred)
- One location
Click Here To Apply