Description and Functions
Open Until Filled
This position supervises and coordinates the activities of the Cadet Team Leader (Cadre), who provide direction to Cadets during general activities at the Wyoming Cowboy ChalleNGe Academy (WCCA).
The WCCA is located at the National Guard Training base in Camp Guernsey, WY. The program is for at-risk boys and girls in the age range of 16 to 18 years old looking to develop the values, skills, education, and self-discipline necessary to succeed as an adult. Emphasis is on self-discipline, self-esteem, education, and development for a healthy lifestyle.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: The listed functions are illustrative only and are not intended to describe every function which may be performed at the job level.
- Provides leadership and direct supervision for cadre who supervise the cadets of the Wyoming Cowboy ChalleNGe Academy.
- Provides daily shift supervision and assigns work to line staff employees in relation to cadet and facility activities.
- Determines and approves shift scheduling, resource allocation, and staffing during shifts.
- Determines the methodology and procedures during emergency response.
- Adheres to WCCA dress and appearance standards.
- Assesses behavior, provides guidance, and recommends interventions to the counseling and senior staff.
- Responsible for the daily activity log to ensure communication occurs and that work assignments are properly addressed.
- Ensures, through Cadre, that Cadets are completing the necessary 8 program CORE components.
- Resolves conflicts that develop between Staff and Cadets.
- Logs, tracks, and reports Cadets’ performance.
- Monitors Cadre to ensure Military Standards for Cadet daily physical exercise, marching, and teaching/training on Drill & Ceremony are maintained.
Preference may be given to those with a Bachelor’s Degree in Sociology or Human Services plus two years of progressive work experience in youth-based programs.
Preference may be given to those with 4 years of progressive work experience in youth-based programs.
Preference may be given to those with 2 years of experience with youth-based programs and at least 2 years of Military service.
**Required to obtain and maintain a valid Class “B” CDL with “P” and “S” endorsement within 6 months of employment.
Knowledge of the ChalleNGe concepts, components, and core functions.
Bachelor’s Degree (typically in Social Services)
0-1 year of progressive work experience (typically in Youth Services) with acquired knowledge at the level of a Youth Services Specialist II
Education & Experience Substitution:
3-4 years of progressive work experience (typically in Youth Services) with acquired knowledge at the level of a Youth Services Specialist II
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Necessary Special Requirements
PHYSICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
Required to work varied shift schedules: days, nights, graveyard, swing, weekends and Holidays. This position is considered “Mission Essential”.
- Required to actively participate in daily physical exercise with the Cadets.
- Must adhere to military/program dress and appearance standards.
- FLSA: Non-Exempt
- Background check of work history, Central Registry, and NCIC is required.
- Guernsey is a remote, rural community with a population of approximately 1064. Locally, there is a medical clinic, hardware store, grocery store, service stations, and restaurants. Wheatland and Torrington are 25 to 35 miles from Guernsey and have multiple restaurants, service stations, fast food, and general shopping. For larger personal shopping there are malls in Cheyenne and Casper, WY, and Scottsbluff, NE; all approximately 90 miles from Guernsey.
007-Military Department – Wyoming Cowboy ChalleNGe Academy
Click here to view the State of Wyoming Classification and Pay Structure.
The State of Wyoming is an Equal Opportunity Employer and actively supports the ADA and reasonably accommodates qualified applicants with disabilities.
Class Specifications are subject to change, please refer to the A & I HRD Website to ensure that you have the most recent version.
Click Here To Apply