Are you looking to build a career in the environmental field? Are you passionate about the environment and working collaboratively to ensure that the environmental effects of projects are disclosed to the public and decision makers and addressed in project decisions? Do you want to be a part of developing measures or alternatives to reduce environmental effects? If the answer is, “Yes!” then we have an exciting career opportunity for you based in our Sacramento, CA office. Who are we? We are Analytical Environmental Services, a subsidiary of Montrose Environmental Group, the premier environmental services provider.
As a Business Development/Office Coordinator at AES, you will work with the business development team and other leaders in the firm to assist in the pursuit of new business/clients and to develop proposals, SOQs, and other marketing collateral. You will also play a leadership role in the office by supporting the team with general administrative tasks.
This role will be based in the Sacramento office and the Business Development/Office Coordinator will need to be in the office at least 3 days each week to meet the needs of the business.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER TO YOU
At Montrose, we’re not just determined to think about a better way forward for environmental services today and down the road—we’re committed to making it a reality. Our Principles guide us: We Value Our People, We Value Our Community, We Value Our Clients, We Value Our Shareholders. We care for the well-being of our people and offer:
- Competitive compensation packages
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision insurance coverage
- Medical, Dependent Care and Transit Flexible Spending Accounts
- Company paid Life and Disability Insurance and access to additional voluntary programs
- 401k with a competitive employer match
- Progressive vacation policies and company holiday to ensure work/life balance for our people
- A financial assistance program to help support peers in need
- Access to telemedicine and employee assistance programs
- Access to best rates in the industry to bring your student loan debt down to size
A DAY IN THE LIFE
As a Business Development/Office Coordinator at AES, you will be a core part of the local business development efforts and will liaison with Montrose sales and marketing teams to drive a one Montrose approach. This role will be responsible for a full range of activities including:
Technical Editing Responsibilities:
- Perform technical editing on large and small reports to ensure proper grammar, spelling, punctuation, and accuracy of information.
- Format documents and provide word processing support.
Business Development Responsibilities:
- Assist in maintaining and tracking opportunities by partnering with Project Managers/Directors to maintain the marketing tracker and enter information into Salesforce.
- Review RFPs and prepare proposal outlines/shells.
- Host proposal kick-off calls with Project Managers/Directors and proposal team.
- Maintain proposal tracking sheets.
- Update business development calendar as appropriate.
- Set up folders and file structure for new proposals; manage file structure and folder moves within the proposal folders.
- Perform minor research related to the preparation of proposals.
- Write proposal sections as assigned and piece together responses from other contributors.
- Complete forms for proposals.
- Prepare customized resumes for proposals.
- Prepare organizational charts and tables for proposals.
- Contact subcontractors for teaming arrangements, pricing, and scopes of work.
- Contact corporate office for support with legal and insurance reviews.
- Review proposals to ensure all requirements are met.
- Manage the production and packaging efforts on all hard copy proposals.
- Assist in the assembly of proposals for electronic submission.
- Participate in the preparation of documents for the proposal repository including resumes, project profiles, and other materials.
- Revise and create SOQs, marketing collateral, interview materials, and proposal boiler plate using existing design templates and brand standards.
- Assist in conducting market and client research.
- Compose letters, resumes, project descriptions, and boilerplate information.
- Update and maintain databases of proposal information.
- Collaborate with project managers located in multiple offices to prepare submittals.
- Assist Project Managers with mass mailings.
- Provide general office support.
- Copy, scan, and fax documents.
- Answer phones and route calls appropriately (limited).
- Sort and distribute mail.
- Drop off packages and mail at post offices/shipping facilities.
- Coordinate special projects/events, as needed.
To perform this job successfully, individuals must be able to perform each duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the duties and responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Journalism, Communications, English, or related field.
- 2+ years of experience in marketing, business development, or proposal coordination, preferably in the Environmental or Architecture/Engineering/Construction (AEC) industries.
- Must have strong communication skills and the ability to converse with internal and external customers at all levels.
- Must have strong writing, editing, and organizational skills.
- Strong experience with MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Experience with templates desirable but not required.
- Experience with Salesforce desirable but not required.
- Ability to handle multiple assignments concurrently.
- Strong analytical skills to help determine proposal viability.
- Ability to work well in a dynamic team and provide excellent internal customer service with a positive attitude.
- Ability to work calmly under tight deadlines.
- Able to flex schedule to meet the needs of the business with occasional early mornings or evenings to meet deadlines.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees so classified.
MAKE THE MOVE
Montrose is a leading environmental solutions company focused on supporting commercial and government organizations as they deal with the challenges of today, and prepare for what’s coming tomorrow. With approximately 2,000 employees across over 70 locations around the world, Montrose combines deep local knowledge with an integrated approach to design, engineering, and operations, enabling the Company to respond effectively and efficiently to the unique requirements of each project. From comprehensive air measurement and laboratory services to regulatory compliance, emergency response, permitting, engineering, and remediation, Montrose delivers innovative and practical solutions that keep its clients on top of their immediate needs – and well ahead of the strategic curve.
We are going to be blunt – the way we work may not suit to everyone. Montrose is fast-paced and dynamic. You are your own boss, but you will get tons of guidance and plenty of support from talented, super-smart colleagues within Montrose and its service providers. Therefore, if freedom, autonomy, head-scratching professional challenges attract you, we could be the perfect match made in heaven.
Want to know more about Montrose? Visit montrose-env.com and have fun!
Montrose is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Montrose is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodation in its employment for individuals with disabilities.
Click Here To Apply