Behavioral Health Technician
APEX Recovery LLC, an innovative and integrative treatment center, has an exciting career opportunity for individuals with addiction treatment experience. We are seeking candidates, interested in working in the addiction treatment field, to apply for our position for Behavioral Health Technician. The facility staff is a crucial part of the program at APEX Recovery. Behavioral Health Technician staff supervises the treatment program’s facility and attends to the client’s essential needs while on detoxification or residential status.
Job Type: Part-time
Work Schedule: up to 32 hrs. per week (AM, PM, Nocturnal and Weekend shifts available)
Salary rate: Between $15.00 to $20.00 per hour (depending on experience)
- Completion of all duties and/or documentation per the Company’s policies & procedures.
- Client rounds documentation on rounds sheet.
- Responsible for reading shift reports at the beginning of shift and completing their own shift report and essential tasks contained therein by conclusion of shift.
- Complete new admission intake procedures according to Company’s policies on all new admissions (UA, belongings searches, and paperwork).
- Documentation of daily progress in client files.
- Observe and document clients taking medications in accordance to Company’s policies.
- Observe and document client blood pressure and other vitals in accordance with Company and DHCS and The Joint Commission guidelines.
- Transportation of clients to appointments, meetings etc.
- Crisis Intervention.
- Filing, copying files, and other office duties as assigned.
- Assist, teach and/or supervise clients with general program activities.
- Maintain cleanliness and clean up as required.
- Record work hours on a daily basis in our timekeeping online program system.
- The job duties listed above should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties required. Other duties will be assigned as need arises and according to programmatic need.
- Minimum requirement of High School Diploma.
- One year of experience in a human services setting; strong professional references attesting to high degree of customer service, punctuality, and professionalism.
- Current CPR Certification for Healthcare Providers and First Aid Certification.
- Must be physically and mentally able to assist in an emergency situation.
- Special consideration is given to applicants with previous experience in behavioral health / substance use treatment.
- Computer literate and ability to communicate clearly, both in writing and verbally with clients, administration, the treatment team and family members
- Clean DMV record and/or meet criteria in accordance with Company insurance policy requirements.
- Valid California Driver’s License.
- Current Registered Alcohol/Drug Technician (RADT) or in the process of getting license preferred.
- Associate or Bachelor Degree in Psychology, Sociology, or in Social Science preferred.
- Demonstrates interest and ability to work effectively with the community.
- Competent in working with individuals with diagnosis of chemical dependence.
- Demonstrates ability to use de-escalation techniques, including but not limited to: attentiveness to potential triggers/stressors and early indicators of distress.
- Ability to provide responses that rely on engagement and empathy.
- Ability to model composure through use of calm voice and neutral facial expressions; remaining self-aware of verbal and non-verbal communication.
- Demonstrates ability to adjust verbal and non-verbal communication, prompting for use of known coping skills; etc.
Required licenses or certifications:
- CPR/First Aid
- CA Driver’s License
APEX Recovery LLC offers full-time employees (after 60 day of continuous employment) health, dental and vision insurance benefits
APEX Recovery LLC allows full-time employees to accrue leave rates for vacation and sick upon hire, and may be used after completion of the employee’s introductory period. (introductory period is 90 days of employment with the company)
APEX Recovery LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Click Here To Apply