Overview: Skyward Specialty is a property and casualty insurance holding company formed in 2007. Based in Houston, Texas, and with staff throughout the country, Skyward Specialty provides admitted and non-admitted solutions to retail and wholesale distributors, managing general agents and captive markets. We have built highly respected businesses in specialty lines including management professional liability, medical stop loss, surety, E&S property and liability, and large commercial property, as well as multi-line solutions for the energy, trucking and construction industries.
At Skyward Specialty, we approach this business differently. In fact, we’re different from most others in our industry in just about every way. We have the spirit of a start-up with the security of nearly $1 billion in Written Premium. We put immense brain power and energy into finding greater insights to uncover better opportunities for our clients, partners, and people. We think at a higher level, so they can succeed at a higher level.
Skyward Specialty is a privately owned company with assets exceeding $1.95 billion and shareholders’ equity of $395 million at December 31, 2020.
Responsibilities: Essential Responsibilities:
- Assist in the preparation of annual and quarterly financial statements in compliance with U.S. GAAP and STAT.
- Prepare monthly entries related to investment accounting and various other entries including accruals.
- Prepare monthly reconciliations related to investments and various other corporate accounts.
- Assist with researching and preparing accounting memorandums for new investment asset classes.
- Assist in the analysis of balance sheet fluctuations.
- Prepare and record the monthly G&A allocation.
- Assist with preparation of audit deliverables.
- Additional duties based on business needs.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required
- 2+ years’ experience in public accounting, (Big 4 preferred) and/or relevant industry experience, combination experience is preferred.
- Strong organizational skills to manage daily responsibilities.
- Detail oriented, able to multi-task and operate in a fast paced environment.
- Insurance industry experience, preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Solid understanding of U.S. GAAP.
- Strong analytical skills and proficient in reviewing financial data.
- Demonstrates an understanding of business operations, objectives, and metrics.
- Works cohesively in a team oriented environment with Corporate and Insurance Accounting, Treasury and others.
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic, and a commitment to continuous improvement.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
Location: 800 Gessner Road,Suite 600, Houston, TX 77024
Job Type: Full-time
Click Here To Apply