Performs a variety of tasks to provide a secure and safe environment, including a wide range of public assistance to property owners, members, guests, and Associates. Interacts with everyone entering the property through the main security checkpoint. Primarily works at the security building entry point and patrols neighborhood road networks and organizational property areas.
This is a part-time position scheduled to work 3 to 4 days and approximately 24 to 28 hours per week on 2nd shift. Qualified candidates must be flexible to work on an assigned shift that could adjust over time to meet the needs of the department and include evenings, weekends, and holidays.
Essential Job Duties:
- Provide for a safe and secure environment for members, guests, contractors, and Associates.
- Verify and/or validate personnel entering the main property at the Security checkpoint to ensure they are authorized to enter and ensure they receive the appropriate credentials for parking stickers or passes.
- Enforce organization and committee policies uniformly and consistently.
- Assist with medical emergencies.
- Navigating road networks while driving nearly 50 miles of roads, checking properties for problems, issues, or suspicious activities.
- Performs basic computer tasks to use email, internet applications, prepare documents in Microsoft Word, tables in Microsoft Excel, fill out reports and activity logs, and verify reports of arriving/departing guests and their check-in status.
- Write grammatically correct reports to record incidents involving damaged property or injuries to Associates or guests.
- Perform physical security checks of organizational infrastructure/buildings and other physical security tasks associated with safeguarding and maintaining equipment.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Education, Skills & Experience:
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Excellent customer service, communication and organizational skills, initiative, and personal drive to seek improvement for self and the organization.
- Exercise good judgement in working with the public, fellow Associates, and organizational/community leadership.
- Exercise patience and empathy in working with the public.
- Basic computer skills with experience using Microsoft Office Software Applications and the ability to use them in the performance of duties. Examples include, preparing spreadsheets, typed memorandums/documents, and preparing slide presentations.
- Good observational skills and attention to detail.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license without restrictions that would limit fulfillment of the essential job duties.
- CPR/ First Aid certification preferred.
- 1-3 years’ experience in security, law enforcement or military preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
- Verbal and written communication that is clear, professional, and understandable.
- Endure long periods of driving, sitting, standing, or walking in a hot, humid environment.
- Conduct foot patrol in many cases on uneven, steep, rough, slippery, or rugged terrain.
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing up to 50 pounds without assistance.
- Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, climbing and stooping; climb stairs and elevations and use hands and fingers to handle or feel.
- Capable of operating in environments that may include stress, increased physical activity, and drive a vehicle in the performance of duties.
Click Here To Apply